The Government have delivered the largest investment programme in the railways since Victorian times and the biggest investment in our road network since the 1970s. The national infrastructure plan sets out £460 billion of investment to 2020 and beyond. Not surprisingly, this has been strongly welcomed by business leaders as part of our long-term economic plan to put the economy back on...
What we need is not more bureaucracy and commissions, but continued progress on infrastructure investment. Specifically, the Chancellor announced in the Budget that we are proceeding with the electrification of the Selby to Hull line. The Liverpool to Manchester line has already been electrified and the Manchester to Selby line is being done. We are investing major sums in northern...
My hon. Friend is absolutely right, and I pay tribute to his doughty campaigning on this issue throughout this Parliament. It is part of £460 billion package, with £12 billion in city deals and local growth funds and £1 billion in broadband. As he says, this is alongside our investment in vocational training and apprenticeships in engineering to put our economy back on its feet.
More of George Freeman’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Norfolk
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Common Land
- Fire Prevention
- Poultry: EU Law
- Bats: Nature Conservation
- Churches: Bats
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (since 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Freeman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 195 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
Elsoms (Spalding) Ltd, holding company of Elsoms Seeds Ltd, Spalding, Lincs PE11 1QG; agricultural and horticultural seeds business. Directorship reactivated 11 October 2013; terminated 6 August 2014. (Updated 20 December 2013, 8 and 25 September 2014)
Payment of £2,728.98 for non-executive director services provided by me in January-March 2014. Hours: 15 hrs. (Registered 9 May 2014)
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
8 May 2014, fee of £300 from the Times
, 3 Thomas More Square, London, E98 1XY, for an article, payment donated to charity. Hours: 3hrs. (Registered 9 May 2014)
8. Land and Property
Part share in flat in London. (Registered 24 October 2012)
(a) Hill House Assets Ltd, of which I am an unremunerated director (Dormant. Management of historic assets and liabilities from self employment) (updated 18 June 2012, 30 July 2013 and 24 February 2014)
(b) Elsoms Seeds (see above)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from