Membership of the Group is currently being convened and will be finalised in December 2014. The time frame for the inquiry has yet to be finalised but the Panel is expected to review the evidence in the early months of 2015. Members of the Expert Working Group on Hormone Pregnancy Tests will be expected to declare any interests (financial or non-financial) in the pharmaceutical industry...
The Department supports Self-Care week and my noble Friend, the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Earl Howe), gave the opening presentation at the 16th Self-Care Forum. In his speech, Earl Howe promoted the use of the self-care leaflets, posters and social media messages disseminated by the Self-Care Forum. He also highlighted that self-care information and guidance (including fact...
We have not consulted on this Bill. In developing our response to the Bill, we have taken advice from clinicians and officials at NHS England, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, and taken account of views expressed by other stakeholder organisations.
More of George Freeman's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Norfolk
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Common Land
- Fire Prevention
- Poultry: EU Law
- Bats: Nature Conservation
- Churches: Bats
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Freeman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 152 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Nov 2014.
Elsoms (Spalding) Ltd, holding company of Elsoms Seeds Ltd, Spalding, Lincs PE11 1QG; agricultural and horticultural seeds business. Directorship reactivated 11 October 2013; terminated 6 August 2014. (Updated 20 December 2013, 8 and 25 September 2014)
Payment of £3,638.64 for non-executive director services provided by me in September-December 2013. Hours: 20 hrs. (Registered 20 December 2013; updated 20 February 2014)
Payment of £1,954.16 for non-executive director services provided by me in October-November 2012. Hours: 10 hrs. (Registered 23 January 2013; updated 20 February 2014)
Payment of £2,728.98 for non-executive director services provided by me in January-March 2014. Hours: 15 hrs. (Registered 9 May 2014)
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
8 May 2014, fee of £300 from the Times
, 3 Thomas More Square, London, E98 1XY, for an article, payment donated to charity. Hours: 3hrs. (Registered 9 May 2014)
8. Land and Property
Part share in flat in London. (Registered 24 October 2012)
(a) Hill House Assets Ltd, of which I am an unremunerated director (Dormant. Management of historic assets and liabilities from self employment) (updated 18 June 2012, 30 July 2013 and 24 February 2014)
(b) Elsoms Seeds (see above)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from