How George Freeman voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
George Freeman hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
The Life Sciences Organisation (LSO) (previously the Life Sciences Investment Organisation, which now includes responsibility for UK trade promotion) works to promote the UK Life Sciences sector as a whole. LSO works closely with Invest Northern Ireland, along with the other devolved bodies and local enterprise partnerships across England, to understand the nation’s internationally...
After the shocking events at Mid Staffs under the last Government, I would like to congratulate the Secretary of State on his crusade for accountability and transparency as the best disinfectant, as shown by his support for whistleblowers and for 4,000 additional nurses. Does he agree that the collection, monitoring and day-to-day use of data on health outcomes is absolutely key? I welcome...
Does the Minister agree that all the evidence suggests that the biggest impact on the rate of earnings is the competitiveness and productivity of industry? Does he also agree that the single biggest threat to increases in average earnings is Labour’s plan for a stealth corporation tax and a jobs tax?
More of George Freeman's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Norfolk
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Common Land
- Fire Prevention
- Poultry: EU Law
- Bats: Nature Conservation
- Churches: Bats
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Freeman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 124 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
Elsoms (Spalding) Ltd, holding company of Elsoms Seeds Ltd, Spalding, Lincs PE11 1QG; agricultural and horticultural seeds business. Directorship suspended 1 December 2012; reactivated 11 October 2013. (Updated 29 January 2013 and 20 December 2013.)
Payment of £3,638.64 for non-executive director services provided by me in September-December 2013. Hours: 20 hrs. (Registered 20 December 2013; updated 20 February 2014)
Payment of £1,954.16 for non-executive director services provided by me in October-November 2012. Hours: 10 hrs. (Registered 23 January 2013; updated 20 February 2014)
Payment of £2,728.98 for non-executive director services provided by me in January-March 2014. Hours: 15 hrs. (Registered 9 May 2014)
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
8 May 2014, fee of £300 from the Times
, 3 Thomas More Square, London, E98 1XY, for an article, payment donated to charity. Hours: 3hrs. (Registered 9 May 2014)
8. Land and Property
Part share in flat in London. (Registered 24 October 2012)
(a) Hill House Assets Ltd, of which I am an unremunerated director (Dormant. Management of historic assets and liabilities from self employment) (updated 18 June 2012,30 July 2013 and 24 February 2014)
(b) Elsoms Seeds (see above)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.