What we might do is set up an expert working group and invite one or two patients’ representatives from the victims’ association to sit on it. If hon. Members are happy, I will write around with a suggestion for how we might do that. I want to just remind the House that those from the Medicines for Women's Health Expert Advisory Group are independent experts in their field. They...
I congratulate the hon. Member for Bolton South East (Yasmin Qureshi)—I pay tribute to her work—and my hon. Friend the Member for Enfield North (Nick de Bois), on securing the debate. I also congratulate the Backbench Business Committee. I did not rebel very often during my first four years in Parliament, but I am proud that one of my rebellions was in support of the Committee....
Unfortunately, as I have been trying to explain, in our system the sovereignty for prescribing lies with clinicians. Guidance can be issued and we would expect GPs to comply with it. Today that is more often the case, but we are dealing with a period when things were different. I cannot at this point tell the hon. Lady why a number of GPs did not comply with the guidance provided, but it was...
More of George Freeman's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Norfolk
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Common Land
- Fire Prevention
- Poultry: EU Law
- Bats: Nature Conservation
- Churches: Bats
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Freeman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 135 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
Elsoms (Spalding) Ltd, holding company of Elsoms Seeds Ltd, Spalding, Lincs PE11 1QG; agricultural and horticultural seeds business. Directorship reactivated 11 October 2013; terminated 6 August 2014. (Updated 20 December 2013, 8 and 25 September 2014)
Payment of £3,638.64 for non-executive director services provided by me in September-December 2013. Hours: 20 hrs. (Registered 20 December 2013; updated 20 February 2014)
Payment of £1,954.16 for non-executive director services provided by me in October-November 2012. Hours: 10 hrs. (Registered 23 January 2013; updated 20 February 2014)
Payment of £2,728.98 for non-executive director services provided by me in January-March 2014. Hours: 15 hrs. (Registered 9 May 2014)
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
8 May 2014, fee of £300 from the Times
, 3 Thomas More Square, London, E98 1XY, for an article, payment donated to charity. Hours: 3hrs. (Registered 9 May 2014)
8. Land and Property
Part share in flat in London. (Registered 24 October 2012)
(a) Hill House Assets Ltd, of which I am an unremunerated director (Dormant. Management of historic assets and liabilities from self employment) (updated 18 June 2012, 30 July 2013 and 24 February 2014)
(b) Elsoms Seeds (see above)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from