How Eilidh Whiteford voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Get email notifications when Eilidh Whiteford speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Eilidh Whiteford hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will increase funding for the Access to Work Workplace Mental Health Support Service to more than two per cent of the annual Access to Work budget.
More of Eilidh Whiteford's recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Banff and Buchan
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Crisis Loans
- Departmental Buildings
- Mass Media
- Lost Property
Currently held offices
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Agriculture and Fisheries)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Women)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (International Development)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Work and Pensions)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 47 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 50.60% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Eilidh Whiteford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 177 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from