The thematic focus on jobs in this debate helps us to get to the heart of why last week’s Budget was a huge missed opportunity. The Government had a chance to move away from a cuts agenda that has stifled recovery, but they failed to take it. Instead, Scotland alone is looking at a further £12 billion of cuts over the next four years, which will hamper our economic recovery, damage...
I agree with my hon. Friend that regressive taxation has played an important part in driving up child poverty. The pernicious combination of low pay and cuts to tax credits and child benefit has been the main driver of child poverty in our communities and of the increased pressure on parents to comply with the sometimes quite unreasonable and disproportionate conditionality in the system....
Will the right hon. Gentleman give way?
More of Eilidh Whiteford’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Banff and Buchan
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Crisis Loans
- Departmental Buildings
- Mass Media
- Lost Property
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (International Development) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Women) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Agriculture and Fisheries) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 63 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 50.69% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 192 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
£200 from Ipsos MORI, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY for participation in survey. Payment donated to charity. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 24 March 2015)
February 2015, £75 from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for participation in survey. Payment donated to charity. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 24 March 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from