This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Eilidh Whiteford’s activity (no more than once per day)
Scottish National Party MP for Banff and Buchan
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Eilidh Whiteford
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Eilidh Whiteford voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Energy and Climate Change, Home Department, Treasury, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Crisis Loans, Scotland, Departmental Buildings, Mass Media, Lost Property
(based on written questions asked by Eilidh Whiteford and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
- Wreck Removal Convention Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Opposition Day — [14th Allotted Day] — Cyber-bullying: Persecution of Christians (3 Dec 2013)
“I congratulate the hon. Gentleman on bringing this subject before the House. What role does he think human rights legislation and constitutional protections might play in helping prevent the kinds of human rights abuses we are seeing at the moment?”
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Jobcentre Plus: Scotland (2 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many claimants' cases are currently being investigated by Jobcentre Plus (JCP) offices in Scotland for breaches of jobseeker agreements with regard to the application of retrospective sanctions, by (a) JCP office in Scotland and (b) month since May 2010.”
- Helicopters (North Sea) (27 Nov 2013)
“I have been listening carefully to the Minister’s contribution, and it strikes me that one of the most powerful points made by the hon. Member for Aberdeen North (Mr Doran) was that weather might well be a factor. The Minister said that there were no common factors in the most recent incidents, but surely that would be the purpose of an overarching inquiry.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 88 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 49.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 42 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Eilidh Whiteford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 143 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register