How Eilidh Whiteford voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted moderately against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Eilidh Whiteford speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Eilidh Whiteford hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
The Scottish Government took action in the summer to secure the future of the Ferguson shipyard, the last remaining commercial shipyard on the Clyde. Given the doubts that have been cast over the UK Government’s commitment to bringing the Type 26 frigate contracts to the Clyde, will the Government publish the commercial principles agreement with BAE Systems, so that there can be...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what his policy is on jobseeker's allowance claimants undertaking a mandatory work activity or community work placement taking paternity leave.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many households in Scotland were living in relative poverty and contained at least one person in work in each year since 1997.
More of Eilidh Whiteford's recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Banff and Buchan
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Crisis Loans
- Departmental Buildings
- Mass Media
- Lost Property
Currently held offices
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Agriculture and Fisheries)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Women)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (International Development)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Work and Pensions)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 40 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 50.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Eilidh Whiteford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 174 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from