How Eilidh Whiteford voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted moderately against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government Source
Get email notifications when Eilidh Whiteford votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Eilidh Whiteford hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions with reference to the impact assessment of the single-tier pension published in October 2013, if he will make an estimate of how many people reaching state pension age after implementation of the single-tier pension in (a) the UK and (b) Scotland would have been eligible for savings credit in (i) 2020 and (ii) 2030 had savings credit not...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what estimate he has made of the number of households in Banff and Buchan constituency whose incomes from benefit payments have reduced by (a) 10 per cent, (b) between 20 and 49 per cent and (c) 50 per cent or more since May 2010.
As always, it is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Amess. I begin by congratulating the hon. Member for Aberdeen South (Dame Anne Begg) and her Committee on the report, which identifies some key issues for jobcentres, for staff and for those who use the services that they provide. On a day when many jobcentre staff are on strike to highlight the impact of the Government’s...
More of Eilidh Whiteford's recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Banff and Buchan
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Crisis Loans
- Departmental Buildings
- Mass Media
- Lost Property
Currently held offices
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Agriculture and Fisheries)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Women)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (International Development)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Work and Pensions)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 49.82% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Eilidh Whiteford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 165 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from