Yvonne Fovargue’s voting in Parliament
Yvonne Fovargue is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Yvonne Fovargue’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Yvonne Fovargue’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Yvonne Fovargue’s full vote analysis page for more.
Yvonne Fovargue has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
What assessment he has made of the potential effect of planned changes to personal injury law and whiplash claims on access to justice.
There still appears to be no independent verification of the fraud culture and pandemic of claims cited in the autumn statement as the reason to raise the small claims limit for personal injury. In fact, not one motor insurer even mentioned fraud as a material risk when reporting their annual returns to the stock market. What independent evidence does the Minister have of a fraud culture?...
More of Yvonne Fovargue’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Makerfield
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Electronic Warfare
- NHS: Negligence
- Housing Benefit
- Welfare Tax Credits
- General Practitioners
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (since 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (8 May 2015 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (20 Oct 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (27 Jan 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (7 Oct 2013 to 20 Oct 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (11 Jan 2013 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2011 to 11 Jan 2013)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 24 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from