May I take this opportunity to welcome the recent announcement that Blackpool airport has been designated a joint enterprise zone with the one at Warton? What steps is the Minister taking to encourage businesses to move to enterprise zones such as the one in my constituency in order to stimulate further regional growth?
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what steps he is taking to promote regional growth.
Typhoon aircraft, which have been mentioned, are built in Warton in my constituency. Will the Secretary of State make sure that, if required, we can send more Typhoons to keep the skies above the Falkland Islands safe?
More of Mark Menzies's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Fylde
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- West Coast Railway line
- Regional Airports
- European Fighter Aircraft
- Office for Unconventional Gas and Oil
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Protection of Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2014 to 3 Feb 2015)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 40 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 58 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: The European Azerbaijan Society
Address of donor: 15 Queen Anne’s Gate, London SW1H 9BU
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £2,543, comprising £1,943 for flights and £600 for 5 nights at a hotel
Destination of visit: Baku, Shaki and Gabala, Azerbaijan
Date of visit: 26-31 May 2014
Purpose of visit: to meet the President of the Republic, ministers, the British Ambassador, local public service centres, representatives of international organisations, human rights groups and IDP
/refugee camp of displaced people from the conflict in Nagorno-Karahbakh.
(Registered 22 July 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from