Gareth Johnson’s voting in Parliament
Gareth Johnson is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Gareth Johnson’s votes.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gareth Johnson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gareth Johnson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gareth Johnson never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Isil 23 Nov 2015
What assessment he has made of the threat that ISIL poses to the UK.
Isil 23 Nov 2015
Given that ISIL is using its base in Syria to plan attacks on the UK, does the Secretary of State agree that it is absolutely absurd to restrict the British armed forces to acting only in Iraq, and not to empower them to act against those who threaten Britain and who are based in Syria?
The attacks on Paris were quite clearly an attack on all of us. Does the Prime Minister agree that our resolve must be unbreakable and that we should hunt down ISIL wherever it is operating, wherever it is planning, wherever it is plotting, and if that means “shoot to kill”, so be it, and if it means action in Syria, so be it?
More of Gareth Johnson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dartford
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- Darent Valley Hospital
- Roads: Accidents
- Arrest Warrants
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (7 Apr 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (11 Feb 2013 to 10 Jun 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 94.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gareth Johnson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Nov 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
Employed as a solicitor by Thomas Boyd Whyte Solicitors, 302 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent. Paid £648 gross per month, until further notice. Hours: 5 hrs per month: (Updated 21 July 2015
Received £720 gross on 31 October 2014
. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 17 November 2014)
Received £720 gross on 28 November 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 01 December 2014
Received £720 gross on 31 December 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 05 January 2015
Received £720 gross on 30 January 2015. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 03 February 2015
Received £720 gross on 27 February 2015. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 02 March 2015
Received £648 gross on 31 March 2015. Hours: 5 hrs (Registered 11 May 2015
Received £648 gross on 30 April 2015
. Hours: 5 hrs (Registered 11 May 2015)
Received £648 gross on 29 May 2015. Hours: 5 hrs (Registered 01 June 2015
Received £648 gross on 30 June 2015. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 07 July 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from