How Gareth Johnson voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Get email notifications when Gareth Johnson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Gareth Johnson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
When Bluewater shopping centre in my constituency held a job fair recently, there were more jobs on offer than there are jobseekers in Dartford. Will the Prime Minister congratulate Bluewater on its contribution to a 50% fall in unemployment and to what can only be described as a jobs revolution in Dartford?
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
I am grateful to my right hon. Friend for that statement. Does he agree that, contrary to some suggestions that have been made, the chief executive of the civil service will be best placed to accelerate the pace of reforms in the civil service in this country?
More of Gareth Johnson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dartford
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- Darent Valley Hospital
- Roads: Accidents
- Arrest Warrants
Currently held offices
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (11 Feb 2013 to 10 Jun 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 86.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gareth Johnson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 70 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Employed as a solicitor by Thomas Boyd Whyte Solicitors, 302 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent.
Received £800 gross in August 2013. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 11 November 2013)
Received £800 gross in September 2013. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 11 November 2013)
Received £800 gross in October 2013. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 11 November 2013)
Received £800 gross in November 2013. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 15 January 2014)
Received £800 gross on 31 December 2013. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 31 December 2013)
Received £800 gross on 31 January 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 3 February 2014)
Received £800 gross on 28 February 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 3 March 2014)
Received £800 gross on 31 March 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 1 April 2014)
Received £720 gross on 30 April 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 12 May 2014)
Received £720 gross on 30 May 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 11 June 2014)
Received £720 gross on 30 June 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 4 July 2014)
Received £720 gross on 31 July 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 4 August 2014)
Received £720 gross on 29 August 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 3 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from