Gareth Johnson’s voting in Parliament
Gareth Johnson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Gareth Johnson’s votes.
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gareth Johnson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gareth Johnson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gareth Johnson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what assessment he has made of the effect of the removal of the toll booths at the Dartford Crossing on levels of air pollution in Dartford.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what total revenue has been generated from foreign-registered freight lorries under the Dart Charge scheme since that scheme's inception.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many penalty charge notices have been (a) issued to motorists and (b) subsequently withdrawn or successfully appealed since the inception of the Dart Charge scheme.
More of Gareth Johnson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dartford
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- Darent Valley Hospital
- Roads: Accidents
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing: Tolls
- Arrest Warrants
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (7 Apr 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (11 Feb 2013 to 10 Jun 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Gareth Johnson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 42 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gareth Johnson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 98 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Apr 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Employed as a solicitor by Thomas Boyd Whyte Solicitors, 302 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent. Paid £648 gross per month, until further notice. Hours: 5 hrs per month. (Updated 21 July 2015
Received £648 gross on 30 April 2015
. Hours: 5 hrs (Registered 11 May 2015)
Received £648 gross on 29 May 2015. Hours: 5 hrs (Registered 01 June 2015
Received £648 gross on 30 June 2015. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 07 July 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from