I congratulate the hon. Lady on again securing a debate on rail transport in the south-east. She will agree that the redevelopment is a welcome investment in the infrastructure of our railways that will ultimately benefit her constituents and mine. I am pleased that she mentions communication. Does she agree that communication during this work is crucial? Southeastern has to get that right,...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Hollobone, as always. I echo congratulations to my hon. Friend the Member for Gainsborough (Sir Edward Leigh) on securing this important debate. I want to take the opportunity to highlight some of the work achieved by the four grammar schools in my constituency: Dartford grammar school for boys, Dartford grammar school for girls,...
More of Gareth Johnson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dartford
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- Darent Valley Hospital
- Roads: Accidents
- Arrest Warrants
Currently held offices
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (11 Feb 2013 to 10 Jun 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gareth Johnson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 71 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Feb 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Employed as a solicitor by Thomas Boyd Whyte Solicitors, 302 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent.
Received £800 gross on 31 January 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 3 February 2014)
Received £800 gross on 28 February 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 3 March 2014)
Received £800 gross on 31 March 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 1 April 2014)
Received £720 gross on 30 April 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 12 May 2014)
Received £720 gross on 30 May 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 11 June 2014)
Received £720 gross on 30 June 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 4 July 2014)
Received £720 gross on 31 July 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 4 August 2014)
Received £720 gross on 29 August 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 3 September 2014)
Received £720 gross on 30 September 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 17 November 2014)
Received £720 gross on 31 October 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 17 November 2014)
Received £720 gross on 28 November 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 1 December 2014)
Received £720 gross on 31 December 2014. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 5 January 2015)
Received £720 gross on 30 January 2015. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 3 February 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from