How Helen Grant voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Helen Grant speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Helen Grant hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
The number of permanent employees in the Department's headquarters employed by DCMS is 435 which includes GEO.
With the exception of spending on taxis, and for travel before financial year 2013/14, the Department’s systems do not do not routinely classify travel information in this way and producing it would incur disproportionate cost. Expenditure on taxis fares in the last five years was as follows: Financial Year DCMS Expenditure ús GEO Expenditure ús Total Expenditure...
No DCMS Ministers have visited foodbanks in a Ministerial capacity.
More of Helen Grant's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Maidstone and The Weald
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Families
- UN Resolutions: Females
- Prisoners: Females
- Non-molestation Orders
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Women and Equalities (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 31 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 77.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 118 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Grant’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 162 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Designated Member of Grants Solicitors LLP
, Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, Surrey
CR0 0XZ. Since September 2012 I have not practised as a solicitor. At the Members’ volition Grants Solicitors LLP ceased trading as of 29 December 2013. (Updated 20 January and 30 January 2014)
Following finalization of the financial accounts for Grants Solicitors LLP for the period 1 April 2012 to 31 March 2013, my total profit allocation for that period has been adjusted from £8,583.30, as previously registered, to £13,001. The profits relate to the period 1 April 2012 until 31 August 2012. (Registered 30 January 2014)
(a) Name of donor: Warwick Balfour Capital LLP
(a) Address of donor: 25 Harley Street, London W1G 9BR
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
(a) Donor status: limited liability partnership, registration OC324008
(a) (Registered 18 November 2014)
8. Land and Property
Commercial offices and storage in Croydon, Surrey.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from