On 14 November 2014 the Prime Minster announced three key events to mark the Centenary of the Gallipoli Campaign and honour the fallen, who so bravely fought for their nations. The Commonwealth War Graves Commission Cape Helles Memorial in Turkey will host a UK-led Commonwealth and Ireland ceremony on 24 April 2015. On 25 April 2015 the National Commemoration of the Centenary of the...
I am today announcing the start of the Triennial Review of UK Sport and Sport England. As executive non-Departmental Public Bodies (NDPB), UK Sport and Sport England are required to undergo a Triennial Review. The joint UK Sport/Sport England review will have two principal aims, represented by two stages. The first stage will provide a robust challenge for the continuing need for the...
Holding answer received on 17 November 2014 This Government is dedicated to continuing the implementation of this report. I continue to press the football authorities for improvements in their governance of the sport, however significant improvements have been made. For example, the FA Board now meets Sport England governance requirements. Both the Premier League and The FA are...
More of Helen Grant's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Maidstone and The Weald
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Families
- UN Resolutions: Females
- Prisoners: Females
- Non-molestation Orders
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Women and Equalities (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 31 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 78.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Grant’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 159 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Nov 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Designated Member of Grants Solicitors LLP
, Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, Surrey
CR0 0XZ. Since September 2012 I have not practised as a solicitor. At the Members’ volition Grants Solicitors LLP ceased trading as of 29 December 2013. (Updated 20 January and 30 January 2014)
Following finalization of the financial accounts for Grants Solicitors LLP for the period 1 April 2012 to 31 March 2013, my total profit allocation for that period has been adjusted from £8,583.30, as previously registered, to £13,001. The profits relate to the period 1 April 2012 until 31 August 2012. (Registered 30 January 2014)
8. Land and Property
Commercial offices and storage in Croydon, Surrey.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from