How Helen Grant voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Helen Grant occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
The value of duplicate supplier payments detected by the Department in each financial year since 2010 was: Financial year £ 2010-11 38,815.22 2011-12 17,976.00 2012-13 nil 2013-14 26,481.10 All of these duplicate payments were detected by the Departments own financial control processes and recovered in full in the same financial year at no cost to the Department.
Sport England is investing £1.1 million in British shooting for 2013-17 to get more people taking part in shooting regularly. According the Active People survey, 54,300 people take part in clay pigeon shooting in England at least once a month. This is an increase of 3,800 since 2012. It is the most popular shooting discipline in England. The following table gives a regional breakdown of...
Since 2010, the Department has let five contracts between £1 million and £3 million. These have been for: Legal services in respect of Rural Broadband. Legal services in respect of the Mobile Infrastructure Project. Three contracts to test the feasibility of rolling out superfast broadband to the hardest to reach areas. It has also let four contracts since 2010 that have been over...
More of Helen Grant's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Maidstone and The Weald
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Families
- UN Resolutions: Females
- Prisoners: Females
- Non-molestation Orders
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Women and Equalities (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 31 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 78.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Grant’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 154 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Designated Member of Grants Solicitors LLP
, Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, Surrey
CR0 0XZ. Since September 2012 I have not practised as a solicitor. At the Members’ volition Grants Solicitors LLP ceased trading as of 29 December 2013. (Updated 20 January and 30 January 2014)
Following finalization of the financial accounts for Grants Solicitors LLP for the period 1 April 2012 to 31 March 2013, my total profit allocation for that period has been adjusted from £8,583.30, as previously registered, to £13,001. The profits relate to the period 1 April 2012 until 31 August 2012. (Registered 30 January 2014)
8. Land and Property
Commercial offices and storage in Croydon, Surrey.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.