Does Amber Rudd respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Amber Rudd responded to a
medium proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Amber Rudd’s voting in Parliament
Amber Rudd is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Amber Rudd sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Amber Rudd consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Amber Rudd’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Amber Rudd’s full vote analysis page for more.
Amber Rudd has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
An error has been identified in the written answer given on 27 June 2016. The correct answer should have been: At the February European Council, the Government negotiated a new settlement, giving the United Kingdom a special status in a reformed European Union. The Government's position, as set out by the Prime Minister to the House on 22 February, is that the UK will be stronger,...
At the February European Council, the Government negotiated a new settlement, giving the United Kingdom a special status in a reformed European Union. The Government's position, as set out by the Prime Minister to the House on 22 February, is that the UK will be stronger, safer and better off remaining in a reformed EU. I refer the hon. Gentleman to the statement given by the Prime Minister...
I refer the hon. Gentleman to the statement given by the Prime Minister on 24 June: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/eu-referendum-outcome -pm-statement-24-june-2016.
More of Amber Rudd’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hastings and Rye
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Members: Correspondence
- Higher Education: Admissions
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Offences against Children
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Amber Rudd’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 295 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Amber Rudd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 216 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Stephen Curran
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 04 June 2015
Name of donor: The Tandridge Club
Address of donor: Thatchers, Pastens Road, Limpsfield, Oxted RH6 0RE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,187.50
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 05 June 2015)
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from