This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Michael Crockart’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat MP for Edinburgh West
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Michael Crockart
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Michael Crockart voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Defence, Work and Pensions, Treasury, International Development, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Apprentices, Military Bases, Military Bases: Edinburgh, Armed Forces: Housing, Military Bases: Kirknewton
(based on written questions asked by Michael Crockart and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Justice and Security Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Terrorist Asset-Freezing Etc. Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders bill Committee (18 out of 18)
- Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill Committee (18 out of 20)
- Finance (No. 3) Bill Committee (12 out of 14)
- Written Answers — Treasury: Income Tax: Scotland (12 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer (1) what estimate he has made of revenue foregone by the Exchequer from taxpayers resident in Scotland due to changes in the income tax threshold in each year since 2010; (2) what revenue will be forgone by the Exchequer from taxpayers resident in Scotland due to changes in the income tax threshold by 25 December 2013.”
- Written Answers — Treasury: Income Tax: Scotland (8 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer (1) how many residents in Scotland paid the 20p income tax rate in each of the last five years; (2) how much income tax did not accrue to the Exchequer from taxpayers resident in Scotland due to changes in the base rate in (a) 2011-12 and (b) 2012-13; and what estimate he has made of such figures in 2013-14.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 35 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 70.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Crockart’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 40 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register