A selection of Laura Sandys's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Laura Sandys’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Laura Sandys’s full vote analysis page for more.
It is pleasure, although with a significant amount of disagreement, to follow the hon. Member for Blaydon (Mr Anderson). We must remember exactly where we have come from, not just where we are today. We inherited a total economic mess, and as with school reports, it is not just the overall score card that matters; it is the difference between the starting point and where we are today:...
I want to thank everybody here and to ask the Minister to do something for everybody, not least the two young ladies we have heard about today. Their legacy is worth his doing three things. The first is to talk to NHS England and work out a pathway to reduce by 400 the unnecessary deaths caused by SUDEP each year. The second is to kick and beat the more than 90% of CCGs that do not have a...
More of Laura Sandys’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for South Thanet
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- UK Trade and Investment
- Entry Clearances: Overseas Students
- Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Medical Research Council
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (15 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (23 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 82.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 94 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from