All Electoral Registration Officers (EROs) have received funding, based on their levels of under-registration, to help with the costs of local activities to maximise registration as part of the transition to Individual Electoral Registration.
The Government have made the following instrument: The Representation of the People (Variation of Limits of Candidates’ Election Expenses) Order 2014. The order amends the maximum amounts of candidates’ election expenses at a parliamentary general election in the United Kingdom and at local government elections in England and Wales, to take into account inflation since these...
Work-related learning helps young people to become better prepared for employment and develop the skills that employers say are important. The new technical awards for 14 to 16-year-olds are one example of how young people can learn the practical skills needed for the workplace. Our revised statutory guidance on careers advice, effective from September, will strengthen the requirement for...
More of Sam Gyimah's recent appearances
Conservative MP for East Surrey
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Higher Education: Scholarships
- Higher Education: Admissions
- Aviation: Fuels
- Taxation: Aviation
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Feb 2011 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (11 Oct 2010 to 12 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 83.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 127 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sam Gyimah’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 29 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Tandridge Club (patrons’ club)
(a) Address of donor: Thatcher’s, Pasterns Road, Limpsfield, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0RE
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Three donations to cover the costs of annual newsletter (printing and delivery): £2,750 on 9 June 2013; £516.91 on 5 July 2013 and £750 on 10 July 2013; £4,016.91 in total
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 15 July 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.