How Damian Hinds voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Get email notifications when Damian Hinds speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Damian Hinds occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To the best of your knowledge.
I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Manchester, Withington (Mr Leech) on bringing this important and timely debate to the Floor of the House. The House will have been struck—and shocked—by some of the incidents that he recounted from his constituency. Like him, I pay tribute to what our police, including Greater Manchester police, do in this area, alongside the other...
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (1) what estimate he has made of the number of vacant residential properties (a) awaiting occupation, (b) that are derelict, (c) that are for sale and (d) in other categories; and what estimate he has made of the proportion of current net additional housing demand that could be met through bringing vacant properties back...
More of Damian Hinds's recent appearances
Conservative MP for East Hampshire
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Higher Education: Admissions
- A3: Hampshire
- Departmental Internet
- Education: Assessments
Currently held offices
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 89.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Damian Hinds’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 161 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from