How Neil Parish voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Neil Parish occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
It is a great pleasure to speak in this debate. I add my support for the comments made by my hon. Friend the Member for Bracknell (Dr Lee), who raised the issue of the plane being shot down over Ukraine and the problems that has caused, with all those people, from the Netherlands in particular but also from this country, being killed. We must send a message that that must not happen again...
More of Neil Parish's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Tiverton and Honiton
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Departmental Food
- Animal Welfare
- Middle East
- Energy: Meters
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 66 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.90% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Parish’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 160 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): (1) international flights costing £1,575; (2) internal flights, food, travel and accommodation with a value of £1,250
Destination of visit: China
Date of visit: 12 – 19 April 2014
Purpose of visit: to discuss Sino-British relations
(Registered 6 May 2014)
8. Land and Property
Family farm in Somerset from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.