I refer my hon. Friend to the answer I gave to my hon. Friend the Member for Suffolk Central and North Ipswich on 1 July 2015 to UIN 900668.
Board membership is determined by the needs and policy priorities of each Department. The Civil Service Talent Action Plan requires government departments to ensure that organisational boards are diverse and to publish data on the diversity of their Boards.
I can confirm that the Review of the Office of the Commissioner for Public Appointments will report later this year. The Review will consider the role of the Commissioner and the processes around public appointments. The terms of reference for the Review as follows: Terms of reference The role of the Commissioner for Public Appointments was created by the Public Appointments Order in...
More of Matthew Hancock’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for West Suffolk
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Buildings
- Departmental Allowances
- Departmental Furniture
Currently held offices
- The Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Minister of State for Portsmouth (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Jointly with the Department for Education) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister for Universities and Science (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Skills (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (19 Oct 2010 to 12 Dec 2012)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 12 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 134 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Matthew Hancock’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 413 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from