Anna Soubry’s voting in Parliament
Anna Soubry is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Anna Soubry’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Almost always voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anna Soubry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anna Soubry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anna Soubry never rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Rt hon Friend the Prime Minister is leading a whole-of-government approach to increase UK exports. An Exports Implementation Taskforce has been established to monitor and drive delivery. Chaired by the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, the Taskforce meets every two weeks and reports to the Prime Minister and Cabinet quarterly.
Over the last Parliament, the Statements of New Regulation set out the regulations introduced and removed, and the costs and savings this achieved for business. The Ninth Statement of New Regulation gives the overall account of measures introduced 2010- 2015 and their costs and savings. This can be found on the Gov.UK website.
An element of Met Office overall pay award for staff is allocated to non-consolidated variable pay related to performance. These payments are used to reward excellence and drive high performance. Met Office staff are eligible to receive performance related pay based on achievements against specific targets agreed and monitored by the Met Office Board, which are linked to the success of the...
More of Anna Soubry’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broxtowe
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Mobile Phones
- Contract Rights Renewal Merger Undertakings
- Roads: Accidents
- Developing Countries
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of Stte for Defence (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 92.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 148 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anna Soubry’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 354 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Aug 2015.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2(a)
Name of donor: Women2Win
Address of donor: 45 Clabon Mews, London SW1X 0EQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1,000
Date of receipt: 24 July 2014
Date of acceptance: 12 August 2014
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 19 August 2014)
Name of donor: Fundraiser organised by myself and another Conservative MP’s constituency
Address of donor: n/a
Amount of donation or nature and value of donation in kind: £18,662.42 raised at a fundraising event on 11 December 2014, shared between my re-election fund and the association fund of another MP.
Date of receipt: 11 December 2014
Date of acceptance: 11 December 2014
Donor status: n/a
(Registered 08 January 2015)
Name of donor: Lord Philip Harris of Peckham
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Date of receipt: 20 March 2015
Date of acceptance: 20 March 2015
Donor status: individual
(Registered 25 March 2015)
Name of donor: Henry Hallam
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Date received: 14 April 2015
Date accepted: 14 April 2015
Donor status: individual
(Registered 06 June 2015)
Barrister not currently practising
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from