Anna Soubry’s voting in Parliament
Anna Soubry is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Anna Soubry sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Anna Soubry consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Anna Soubry consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anna Soubry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anna Soubry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anna Soubry has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Government believes it is important that World Trade Organisation members meet their international obligations. But we are also committed to tackling unfair trade and ensuring that the Commission continues to have the necessary tools available to do this. China’s 2001 Protocol of Accession to the WTO removes certain provisions after 15 years, so countries may need to alter the...
I have held no discussions with the Federal Minister for Commerce of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Engineer Khurram Dastgir Khan, about increasing trade between the UK and Pakistan or Pakistan Administered Kashmir.
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills has indicated that it will not be possible to answer this question within the usual time period. An answer is being prepared and will be provided as soon as it is available.
More of Anna Soubry’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broxtowe
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Mobile Phones
- Contract Rights Renewal Merger Undertakings
- Roads: Accidents
- Developing Countries
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Anna Soubry’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.82% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 143 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anna Soubry’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 519 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from