Therese Coffey’s voting in Parliament
Therese Coffey is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Therese Coffey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Therese Coffey consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Therese Coffey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Therese Coffey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Therese Coffey never rebelled against their party in this parliament
I beg to move, That the following appointments be made to the House of Commons Commission in pursuance of section 1(4) of the House of Commons Commission Act 2015 - (1) Dame Janet Gaymer DBE QC (Hon.), until 30 September 2018; and (2) Jane McCall, for a period of three years. Towards the end of the last Parliament, the House of Commons Commission Act 2015 gave statutory effect to...
Evel 21 Jan 2016
We have fulfilled our manifesto commitment in introducing English votes for English laws, which I believe will strengthen the Union. We have undertaken two Legislative Grand Committees, and several statutory instruments have passed without Division. The House knows about the tablet issue affecting two hon. Members in the live Division on Tuesday. It was recognised immediately, and their votes...
Evel 21 Jan 2016
Mr Speaker certified the statutory instrument as relating to England only, and the principle of English votes for English laws was displayed. It needs the consent of the majority both of MPs representing the nation in question and, indeed, of the House.
More of Therese Coffey’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Suffolk Coastal
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Shipping: Oil
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Advisory Committee on Resource Allocation
- Roads: Construction
Currently held offices
- The Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 95.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Therese Coffey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 259 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 Dec 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY:
29 January 2015
, received £200 for taking part in an MP
interview. Hours: 90 mins. (Registered 29 January 2015)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: a ticket, including hospitality, to a rugby match on 26 September 2015
; value £1,375 plus VAT
Date received: 26 September 2015
Date accepted: 26 September 2015
Donor status: company, registration 04967001
(Registered 19 October 2015
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Hampshire (co-owned with mother): (i)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my sister, Clare Coffey, as a secretary (on a casual basis). (Registered 10 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from