A selection of Therese Coffey's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Details
Voted very strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Therese Coffey occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
First, I apologise on behalf of the Minister. For whatever reason, he has it in his diary that this debate starting at 2 o’clock—given that we changed the sitting hours of the House a couple of years ago, I am sure that he will make his own apology to the hon. Gentleman. I also want to make sure that all hon. Members realise that the civil servants will be taking notes, so that...
The Minister is being over-generous.
More of Therese Coffey's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Suffolk Coastal
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Shipping: Oil
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Advisory Committee on Resource Allocation
- Roads: Construction
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 228 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from Ipsos MORI, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY:
29 January 2015, received £200 for taking part in an MP interview. Hours: 90 mins. (Registered 29 January 2015)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Digital UK Limited
Address of donor: The Met Building, 22 Percy Street, London W1T 2BU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket and hospitality at the Wimbledon Championships with a total value of £895
Date of receipt of donation: 30 June 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 30 June 2014
Donor status: company, registration 05422613
(Registered 24 July 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in Hampshire (co-owned with mother).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from