Heather Wheeler’s voting in Parliament
Heather Wheeler is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Heather Wheeler sometimes differs from their party collegues, such as:
Heather Wheeler consistently voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Heather Wheeler generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Heather Wheeler’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Heather Wheeler’s full vote analysis page for more.
Heather Wheeler never rebelled against their party in this parliament
What further discussions he has had with his counterparts in EU member states on the issues relating to EU reform raised by the Prime Minister at the June 2015 European Council.
What changes does the Minister expect to negotiate at EU level to help the businesses and hard-working people in my constituency of South Derbyshire to succeed in an increasingly competitive global economy?
Derbyshire is at the heart of the midlands engine, powering the economy of the country. Will the Prime Minister congratulate the workers of Bombardier on winning the £358 million contract to supply 45 more trains for London, securing local jobs for the next 35 years?
More of Heather Wheeler’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Derbyshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture Media and Sport
- Sports: Clubs
- Local Government Finance: Derbyshire
- NHS: Innovation
- Venture Capital
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Standards: Standards Review Sub-Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Privileges Committee (7 Jan 2013 to 11 Sep 2014)
- Member, Standards Committee (7 Jan 2013 to 11 Sep 2014)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (23 May 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 94.34% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Heather Wheeler’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 77 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from