Apprenticeship starts in engineering and manufacturing technologies have increased by 52% since 2010. In 2014, there was a 10% increase in new students studying engineering at university, following an 11% increase in 2013.
It is entirely fitting that my hon. Friend should conclude his parliamentary career on such a poetic note, championing a cause he has consistently championed. It relates directly to the earlier question from the hon. Member for Sheffield, Heeley (Meg Munn), who is also bringing her parliamentary career to a close by championing the same cause. We have a huge amount to do, but inspiration is...
My right hon. Friend is absolutely right. We have made good progress, but from an unbelievably low base, having taken over from a Government who told people they only needed to do media studies or some such waffle to have a good career. We are picking up from a disastrous inheritance and making good progress, and with his support I know we will make further progress in the next parliamentary term.
More of Nicholas Boles’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Grantham and Stamford
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Government Departments: Procurement
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister for Universities and Science (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Jointly with the Department for Education) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 1 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 83.29% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 198 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Prabodhan Ltd
Address of donor: Station House, Station Approach, East Horsley, Surrey KT24 6QZ
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and transfers £977.81, hotel accommodation for two nights £350 (£175 per night), visa £160, conference facilities, lunch and catering £50; total £1,537.81
Destination of visit: New Delhi, India
Date of visit: 12-13 November 2014
Purpose of visit: to attend Prabodhan Conference.
(Registered 24 November 2014)
Name of donor: Tertulias
Address of donor: 48 Desning Hall Cottages, Higham, Suffolk IP28 6PB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights £178.98, 2 nights hotel accommodation £250, meals £190 and ground transport £127.80; total £746.78 (costs reimbursed in December)
Destination of visit: Bilbao, Spain
Date of visit: 17-19 October 2014
Purpose of visit: to attend the British-Spanish Tertulias Forum, an annual weekend bringing MPs, business people, academics and artists together to discuss topical issues.
(Registered 27 March 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from