A selection of Nicholas Boles's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Details
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Details
Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted moderately for more EU integration Details
Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
It is a great honour to be speaking at the Dispatch Box on this, the first day of the new Parliament. I suspect that it will be the only time in my life when Her Majesty the Queen has the first word and I the last, although we can agree that her audience was somewhat larger and that she was a great deal better dressed. I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for South Norfolk (Mr Bacon) on...
I thank my hon. Friend for raising that issue, which was the subject of the third request from my hon. Friend the Member for South Norfolk. I was going to say that I do not know what the whistleblower arrangements are, but I will undertake to find out tomorrow and make sure that they are better publicised to citizens advice bureaux and to relevant charities that can make sure that people are...
I am happy to look at that. If I may, I want to extend to the hon. Gentleman, as well as to hon. Members from all around the House, an invitation to bring me specific examples of bad practice—ideally with the identities of the employer, but if not, nevertheless with such examples—and I will try to find out what we can do about such practices if we have not already banned them, as...
More of Nicholas Boles’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Grantham and Stamford
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Government Departments: Procurement
Currently held offices
- The Minister for Universities and Science (since 15 Jul 2014)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Jointly with the Department for Education) (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 1 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 146 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nicholas Boles’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 198 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Prabodhan Ltd
Address of donor: Station House, Station Approach, East Horsley, Surrey KT24 6QZ
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and transfers £977.81, hotel accommodation for two nights £350 (£175 per night), visa £160, conference facilities, lunch and catering £50; total £1,537.81
Destination of visit: New Delhi, India
Date of visit: 12-13 November 2014
Purpose of visit: to attend Prabodhan Conference.
(Registered 24 November 2014)
Name of donor: Tertulias
Address of donor: 48 Desning Hall Cottages, Higham, Suffolk IP28 6PB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights £178.98, 2 nights hotel accommodation £250, meals £190 and ground transport £127.80; total £746.78 (costs reimbursed in December)
Destination of visit: Bilbao, Spain
Date of visit: 17-19 October 2014
Purpose of visit: to attend the British-Spanish Tertulias Forum, an annual weekend bringing MPs, business people, academics and artists together to discuss topical issues.
(Registered 27 March 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from