Michael Dugher’s voting in Parliament
Michael Dugher is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Michael Dugher’s votes.
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Has never voted on a wholly elected House of Lords
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Dugher’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Dugher’s full vote analysis page for more.
Michael Dugher never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, whether her Department (a) has submitted and (b) plans to submit data to the European Food Safety Authority's investigation into the consequences of the European Commission's restrictions on the use of neonicotinoids.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps her Department is taking to support pollinators on farmland.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, when he expects universal credit to be fully rolled out to claimants in (a) Barnsley East constituency, (b) Barnsley and (c) South Yorkshire.
More of Michael Dugher’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Barnsley East
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Press: Subscriptions
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (since 5 Nov 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office (7 Oct 2013 to 5 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Minister without Portfolio (Cabinet Office) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 100 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 52.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Dugher’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 32 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Aug 2015.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Barnsley East CLP
Address of donor: 28 Vernon Street, Birdwell, Barnsley S70 5TH
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £15,941.12; money raised in respect of a fundraising event held on 4 March 2015 for the benefit of Barnsley East Constituency
Labour Party (CLP) and the CLP of another Labour MP (£5,313.71 each). The money raised included one registrable donation as set out below. £5,313.70 will be divided equally between two other CLPs
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 19 March 2015)
Name of donor: Mr Bill Thomas
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1,650 received as the only registrable donation from a funding raising event held on 4 March 2015 for the benefit of Barnsley East CLP (£550) and the CLP of another Labour MP (£550). £550 will be donated to two other CLPs.
Donor status: individual
(Registered 19 March 2015)
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2(a)
Name of donor: PA
Consulting Services Ltd
Address of donor: 123 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SR
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: transport research project and policy analysis
(undertaken between 16 January 2015 and 2 March 2015); total value £8,600
Date received: 16 January 2015
Date accepted: 2 March 2015
Donor status: company, registration 414220
(Registered 22 May 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Joanna Dugher, as part-time Office Manager.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from