This week, following the Government’s privatisation of East Coast, Stagecoach released a trading update announcing that the privatisation would “significantly enhance” its profits. We know that the chief executive of Stagecoach, Martin Griffiths, is scraping by on £2.2 million a year—which, by the way, makes him eligible for the Government’s tax cut for...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many people were (a) breathalysed and (b) convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people received jobseeker's allowance (a) within three weeks of applying and (b) three weeks or longer after applying in (i) Barnsley East constituency, (ii) Barnsley local authority area and (iii) South Yorkshire in each of the last five years.
More of Michael Dugher's recent appearances
Labour MP for Barnsley East
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Press: Subscriptions
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office (7 Oct 2013 to 5 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Minister without Portfolio (Cabinet Office) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 85 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 66.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Dugher’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 30 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 23 Feb 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payment of £90 from the Guardian News
& Media Group, PO
Box 68164, Kings Place
, 90 York Way, London N1P 2AP, for article. Hours: 2 hrs. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 31 March 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: (1) Inst of Politics, Univ of Chicago (2) Graham Cole
(3) Malcolm George
Address of donor: (1) 5707 S.Woodlawn, Chicago, IL
(2) private (3) private
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): (1) Flight, hotel accommodation in Chicago for me and two staff members and some local transport; approx. value £3,100 (2) Return flights for two staff members and internal flights to Washington DC
for me and two staff members; estimate value over £1,500 (booked using frequent flyer miles)
(3) Accommodation for me and two staff members in Washington DC; approx. value £500
Destination of visit: Chicago and Washington DC, USA
Date of visit: 24-29 April 2014
Purpose of visit: to speak at the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics
and to attend fact finding meetings.
(Registered 29 May 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from