This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Michael Dugher’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Barnsley East
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office (since 7 Oct 2013) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Michael Dugher
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Michael Dugher voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Cabinet Office, Defence, Work and Pensions, Communities and Local Government, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Procurement, Publications, Standards, Accountancy, Press: Subscriptions
(based on written questions asked by Michael Dugher and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Communities and Local Government: Local Government: Procurement (21 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what proportion of local authorities posted low-value procurement contracts on Contracts Finder in the latest period for which figures are available.”
- Written Answers — Treasury: Buildings (20 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what refurbishments to his Department's buildings have been carried out in the last 24 months; and at what cost.”
- Written Answers — Treasury: Press: Subscriptions (19 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer which newspapers, periodicals and trade profession publications his private ministerial office subscribes to on a (a) daily, (b) weekly, (c) monthly and (d) quarterly basis.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 297 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 67.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Dugher’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 18 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register