This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andrew Jones’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andrew Jones
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andrew Jones voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Education, Health, Communities and Local Government, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Common Agricultural Policy, Food, Children: Day Care, Digital Broadcasting: Radio, Broadband
(based on written questions asked by Andrew Jones and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Crime and Courts Bill Committee (11 out of 13)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: PISA Results (3 Dec 2013)
“My right hon. Friend has highlighted that the best educational systems feature high levels of autonomy. What freedoms is he giving to head teachers to help them get the very best out of pupils?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Home Department: Energy Bills (2 Dec 2013)
“Does my right hon. Friend not think that problems with the energy market, such as those relating to long-term generating capacity, built up over many years but had been ignored, including when the Leader of the Opposition was Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change?”
- Business of the House (28 Nov 2013)
“The most recently published unemployment data show that the Harrogate and Knaresborough constituency is among the top 1% in the country for falling long-term unemployment. May we have a debate about the progress that has been made in getting people back to work, particularly the long-term unemployed?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 63 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 92.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Jones’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 41 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register