This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Stephen Lloyd’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat MP for Eastbourne
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Stephen Lloyd
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Stephen Lloyd voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Health, Transport, Business, Innovation and Skills, Education
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Children: Maintenance, Child Maintenance, Telephone Services, National Insurance Contributions, Departmental Telephone Services
(based on written questions asked by Stephen Lloyd and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Northern Ireland (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (0 out of 1)
- Legislation (Territorial Extent) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Pensions Bill Committee (7 out of 8)
- Written Answers — Culture Media and Sport: Telecommunications: Hearing Impairment (3 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport what discussions she has had with her ministerial colleagues on voluntary funding of video relay services.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 32 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 137 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Lloyd’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 92 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register