This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Stephen Mosley’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for City of Chester
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Stephen Mosley
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Stephen Mosley voted on key issues:
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Business, Innovation and Skills, Health, Work and Pensions, Energy and Climate Change
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Ict, Broadband, Microgeneration, Taxation: Self-assessment, Police: Demonstrations
(based on written questions asked by Stephen Mosley and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill Committee (15 out of 15)
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Terrorist Asset-Freezing Etc. Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Public Bodies Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Business of the House (5 Dec 2013)
“May we have a debate on the effectiveness of the shadow Chancellor? After all, he claimed we are entering a triple-dip recession, that we should model our economy on that of France, and that we can reduce debt by borrowing more.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Retail Sector (5 Dec 2013)
“Chester has been a fantastic shopping centre for centuries, but it faces increased competition from online shopping and out-of-town shopping centres. Does my right hon. Friend agree that these days we have to make shopping an entertainment experience, with cafes, bars and on-street entertainment to drag people back on to the high street?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Topical Questions (5 Dec 2013)
“Small business in Chester is really getting behind small business Saturday this weekend. I have delivered more than 400 packs to businesses telling them what it is all about. Will the Minister commit to making an assessment of the success of the first small business Saturday, so that we can improve and help small business in future?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 77 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 31 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 89.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Mosley’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 77 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register