What steps he is taking to help shops in England and South Basildon and East Thurrock with their business rate bills.
I, too, welcome the support the Government are giving to small shopping centres such as Corringham in my constituency, which has set up an excellent traders and residents association to help develop local trade. Does my right hon. Friend agree that now that local authorities have some control over local business rates, they can be much more innovative in the way they support small town centres?
As we heard yesterday, Visteon pensioners have announced that they and Ford have agreed in principle a multi-million pound deal to settle claims for pension losses suffered by former employees. Since my election, I, the Visteon pensioners and the all-party group on Visteon pensioners in their support—and with your co-operation, Mr Speaker, which I am grateful for—have been...
More of Stephen Metcalfe's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Basildon and East Thurrock
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Organs: Donors
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Benefits: EU Migrants
- London Underground: Industrial Disputes
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.79% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Metcalfe’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 70 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 45B Westbourne Terrace, London W2 3UR
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): costs of visit; £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Date of visit: 10-15 November 2013
Purpose of visit: fact finding political delegation to Israel and the West Bank
(Registered 3 December 2013)
8. Land and Property
One-fifth share in holiday home Languedoc
(a) Aysgarth Properties Ltd
(a) Metloc Printers Ltd
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.