How Stephen Metcalfe voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Stephen Metcalfe hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
What recent reports she has received of progress made by other countries on bovine TB by tackling the disease in both cattle and wildlife.
As we seek to tackle this dreadful disease, is not one of the main lessons from the countries the Minister listed that while we must be prepared to use every tool available to us, we must also continue to develop new tools that might as yet seem out of reach?
I shall try to keep my remarks as brief as I can. My hon. Friend the Member for City of Chester (Stephen Mosley) laid out much of what I wanted to say about the importance of small businesses as a sector. We ignore them at our peril as they are, as we have heard, the backbone of our economy and have, I think, played a vital part in driving down the claimant count in my constituency by nearly...
More of Stephen Metcalfe's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Basildon and East Thurrock
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Organs: Donors
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Benefits: EU Migrants
- Business Growth: Basildon and Thurrock
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 45B Westbourne Terrace, London W2 3UR
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): costs of visit; £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Date of visit: 10-15 November 2013
Purpose of visit: fact finding political delegation to Israel and the West Bank
(Registered 3 December 2013)
8. Land and Property
One-fifth share in holiday home Languedoc
(a) Aysgarth Properties Ltd
(a) Metloc Printers Ltd
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.