How Damian Collins voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Get email notifications when Damian Collins speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Damian Collins hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Football Governance Bill - Second reading – Damian Collins.
As the Member for Folkestone and Hythe, I feel as though I am the only Member outside Northern Ireland to share a land border with another member state of the European Union, given that Folkestone is the home of the channel tunnel. We have close cross-border co-operation between the security services and between the Kent police and the French police. We also have the enhanced role of the...
More of Damian Collins's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Folkestone and Hythe
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Departmental Manpower
- Lydd Airport
- Firearms: Forensic Science
Currently held offices
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.14% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Damian Collins’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 147 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from Hottinger & Co Limited, 27 Queen Anne
’s Gate, London SW1H 9BU:
£500 received on 13 September 2013 for talk. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 9 October 2013)
£500 received on 10 November 2013 for talk. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 18 December 2013)
£500 received on 5 February 2014 for talk. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 19 March 2014)
8. Land and Property
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from