This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Damian Collins’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Folkestone and Hythe
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Damian Collins
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Damian Collins voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Communities and Local Government, Justice, Education, Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Sports, Pupils: Disadvantaged, Departmental Manpower, Lydd Airport, Firearms: Forensic Science
(based on written questions asked by Damian Collins and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Northern Ireland (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Postal Services Bill Committee (18 out of 21)
- Upcoming Business – Commons: Main Chamber (17 Jan 2014)
“Football Governance Bill - Second reading – Damian Collins.”
- Business Rates (4 Dec 2013)
“Throughout this debate, the Opposition have promoted an idea that seems to suggest that big businesses live in a totally separate world from smaller businesses. When the major employers in my community, such as Saga, Dungeness power station and Eurotunnel, do well, do the small business community say, “What’s that got to do with us? It’s no concern of ours.”? They do...”
- Business Rates (4 Dec 2013)
“Does the hon. Gentleman accept that the cut to national insurance contributions, which is introduced in April and is worth £2,000, is worth considerably more than this policy from the Labour party? What we are asking for in this debate is a bit of context. Labour Members—the hon. Gentleman is in danger of falling into this trap—are presenting a relatively small initiative as...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Damian Collins’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 124 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register