This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jonathan Edwards’s activity (no more than once per day)
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (since 18 Jun 2010) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jonathan Edwards
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jonathan Edwards voted on key issues:
- Voted against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 12 Jul 2010)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Transport, Energy and Climate Change, Culture Media and Sport, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Wales, Public Expenditure: Wales, Public Expenditure, Devolution, S4C
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan Edwards and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Sports Grounds Safety Authority Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Public Services (Social Enterprise and Social Value) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Business of the House: Autumn Statement (5 Dec 2013)
“With the Governor of the central bank saying he can foresee the assets of the banking sector swelling to nine times the size of the UK economy and with recent economic growth being driven by household consumption and house price inflation, has the Treasury not been re-infected by the British disease? What happened to the Chancellor’s march of the makers?”
- Business of the House (5 Dec 2013)
“I was visited recently by a constituent who has terminal cancer. His condition will not lead to immediate death and he wishes to visit family and friends in Spain. However, he is unable to obtain affordable travel insurance. May we have a statement on what help the Government can offer to bring down the cost of travel insurance for individuals who find themselves in that situation?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 71 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 92 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 68.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jonathan Edwards’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 127 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register