A selection of Jonathan Edwards's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Details
Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local government Details
Voted moderately for more EU integration Details
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Details
Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted moderately against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
On behalf of my Plaid Cymru colleagues and myself, may I congratulate you on your re-election, Mr Speaker? I have always found you to be an excellent Speaker, as many have mentioned in their contributions, and fair to the minor parties. On that basis, I look forward to serving under your leadership for the duration of this Parliament.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what discussions he has had with Ofcom on switching of mobile phone contracts by consumers from a losing provider-led process to a gaining provider-led process.
I have listened with great interest to what the Minister has to say. Does not Lords amendment 19, which reduces the period during which the recall petition would be available for signing from eight to six weeks, make it far more likely that an MP under the recall mechanism is far more likely to survive the process?
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Culture Media and Sport
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from