A selection of Jonathan Edwards's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords Details
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jonathan Edwards never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, whether he plans to reduce the extent of the electrification on the Great Western Line.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, pursuant to the statement of 22 June 2015, Official Report, columns 617-36, on onshore wind subsidies, which onshore wind projects will no longer qualify for Renewable Obligation support.
I am glad that the Secretary of State has confirmed that the electrification of the Great Western line is a priority, but can he confirm that the pre-election promise made to the people of the west of my country that the line would be electrified as far as Swansea by 2018 will be honoured?
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Culture Media and Sport
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from