Jonathan Edwards’s voting in Parliament
Jonathan Edwards is a Plaid Cymru MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Jonathan Edwards’s votes.
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jonathan Edwards’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jonathan Edwards’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jonathan Edwards never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, whether implementation of gaining-provider led switching for broadband and fixed telephony has been completed.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what Schedule 4 compensation payments have been made by Network Rail to train operators on the Great Western Mainline as a result of electrification of the line.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what Barnett consequential will accrue to Wales as a result of the planned £8 billion annual expenditure on the NHS in England.
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Culture Media and Sport
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
Currently held offices
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Intervention) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from