This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andrew Bridgen’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for North West Leicestershire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andrew Bridgen
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andrew Bridgen voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Health, Communities and Local Government, Treasury, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Recruitment, High Speed 2 Railway Line, Plants, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust, Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs
(based on written questions asked by Andrew Bridgen and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill Committee (13 out of 17)
- HGV Road User Levy Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Written Answers — International Development: Yemen (4 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what recent assessment her Department has made of the performance of its programmes in Yemen.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Home Department: Energy Bills (2 Dec 2013)
“Does my right hon. Friend agree that, while it is right to take action to reduce energy bills, the only sustainable way to raise the living standards of hard-working families is by sticking to this Government’s long-term economic plans of deficit reduction and creating a responsible recovery?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Home Department: Police Reform (2 Dec 2013)
“Will the Secretary of State assure the House that the Government are taking firm action to ensure that police forces accurately report crime statistics?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 108 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 68 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 78.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Bridgen’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 105 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register