This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Glyn Davies’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Montgomeryshire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Glyn Davies
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Glyn Davies voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Energy and Climate Change, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Home Department, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Organs: Donors, Wind Power, Bovine Tuberculosis, Palliative Care, Poultry: Animal Welfare
(based on written questions asked by Glyn Davies and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Bodies Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Business of the House (5 Dec 2013)
“The most effective way of reducing incidents of stroke disease is by identifying and treating atrial fibulation. May we have a debate on improving access to and take-up of newly developed National Institute for Health and Care Excellence-approved drug treatments?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: National Infrastructure Plan (4 Dec 2013)
“I, too, welcome my right hon. Friend’s statement, particularly his reference to a slight decrease in the strike price for onshore wind. Will he tell us exactly what that strike price will actually mean? Energy companies seem desperate to build wind farms on every hilltop in rural Britain, despite their impact on the landscape and the view of popular opinion. Does my right hon. Friend...”
- Written Answers — Home Department: Visa and Immigration System (2 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what steps she is taking to ensure that the visa and immigration system works in the national interest.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 97 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 83 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 86.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 95 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Glyn Davies’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 121 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register