How Anas Sarwar voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted moderately for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Get email notifications when Anas Sarwar speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Anas Sarwar never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Across the United Kingdom, there are two Governments redistributing wealth from the poorest to the richest. The Labour alternative is to have a 50p tax band and a mansion tax to provide money for our vital public services and a bankers bonus tax to provide a compulsory jobs guarantee for young people—policies opposed by both the Tories and the shouting Scottish nationalists. Does that...
To ask the Attorney General, what steps he has taken to ensure that the Serious Fraud Office is perceived as a fully independent body in investigations of foreign bribery cases.
Whether pledges made by the international community at the “Defeating Ebola” conference in London on 2 October 2014 are being fulfilled.
More of Anas Sarwar's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow Central
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Grants
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Departmental Contracts
- Central African Republic
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (International Development)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 18 Jun 2012)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Jun 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 37 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 63.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anas Sarwar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 63 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from