How Anas Sarwar voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Anas Sarwar never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Thirty-five years ago, the Scottish National party and the Tories united to bring down a Labour Government and bring in Margaret Thatcher—[Interruption.] Note, Mr Speaker, that the noise is coming from two sides of the House. Today, the SNP and the Tories are united on the side of tax cuts for big business, united on the side of the energy companies and united against a 50p tax. Does...
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what steps she is taking in her role as co-chair of the Mexico High Level Meeting of the Global Partnership for Effective Development to ensure that future development co-operation respects the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Developments Busan Principles (a) generally and (b) as they apply to aid allocated to private...
What recent discussions he has had with the Governor of the Bank of England on a currency union with an independent Scotland.
More of Anas Sarwar's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow Central
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Grants
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Departmental Contracts
- Developing Countries: Urban Areas
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 18 Jun 2012)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Jun 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 65.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anas Sarwar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 59 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.