How Anas Sarwar voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Anas Sarwar votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Anas Sarwar never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what steps the Government is taking to reduce the number of avoidable deaths from breast cancer and to improve survival rates for that disease.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office what steps the Government is taking to ensure the protection of personal data held by private companies operating Government-shared services.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs for what reason the UK abstained from voting on the motion entitled, Ensuring respect for international law in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem at the 21st Special Session of the UN Human Rights Council.
More of Anas Sarwar's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow Central
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Grants
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Departmental Contracts
- Central African Republic
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 18 Jun 2012)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Jun 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 36 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 63.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anas Sarwar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 60 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from