How Anas Sarwar voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against university tuition feesDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Anas Sarwar never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change if he will take steps to ensure the Government is represented at the highest level at the upcoming UN Conference on Climate Change in Lima.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what recent discussions he has had with energy companies on retail and wholesale energy prices.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what guidance his Department plans to give the devolved Administrations and local authorities before 2015 on meeting the care and support needs of people currently using the independent living fund.
More of Anas Sarwar's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow Central
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Grants
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Departmental Contracts
- Central African Republic
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 18 Jun 2012)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Jun 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 63.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anas Sarwar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 60 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.