This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Pamela Nash’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Airdrie and Shotts
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Pamela Nash
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Pamela Nash voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Treasury, Business, Innovation and Skills, Cabinet Office, Defence
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Conditions of Employment, Private Finance Initiative, Sovereignty: Scotland, Higher Education: Scotland, Higher Education: Admissions
(based on written questions asked by Pamela Nash and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Northern Ireland (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- FINANCE BILL Committee (12 out of 16)
- Pensions Bill Committee (9 out of 12)
- FINANCE (NO. 2) BILL Committee (3 out of 4)
- Disabled Persons' Parking Badges Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- HGV Road User Levy Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Finance (No. 3) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Upcoming Business – Commons: Westminster Hall (10 Dec 2013)
“International response to HIV and AIDS – Pamela Nash.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Home Department: Helicopter Crash (Glasgow) (2 Dec 2013)
“I associate myself with the comments made across the House; my thoughts have clearly been with the emergency services, the victims and their families. Understandably, it is taking a lot of time safely and thoroughly to search the remains of the Clutha. Sadly, that leaves many families in limbo. Has the Secretary of State had assurances that the emergency services had all the equipment and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 169 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 70.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Pamela Nash’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register