How Guto Bebb voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Guto Bebb hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
What assessment he has made of the progress of the broadband roll-out programme and the effects of that programme on the tourism industry in Wales.
I thank the Minister for his response. Some £120 million of public money has been put into the roll-out of broadband in Wales, yet my constituency of Aberconwy has had no roll-out as yet. That is having a huge effect on businesses, not least in the tourism sector. Does the Minister agree that we need more accountability in the way that the spending of public money happens in the Welsh...
The Minister rightly alludes to the battles fought over the S4C budget. That is directly related to the fact that, for 30 years, S4C has been very innovative in its coverage of Welsh rugby, including in how it has extended the hand of friendship over the border into England by allowing people to choose their preferred language via the red button.
More of Guto Bebb's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Aberconwy
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Welsh Language
- Energy: Meters
- Financial Services
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 67 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 82.34% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Guto Bebb’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 182 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for completing survey.
21 December 2012, received £150 for survey in December 2012. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 12 February 2013)
Received £200 for survey. Hours: 90 mins. (Registered 20 January 2014)
Received £200 for survey. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 6 February 2014)
Payment of £80 from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT, for online survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 20 January 2014)
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Address of donor: private
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
(b) Date of receipt: 26 March 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 26 March 2014
(b) Donor status: individual
(b) (Registered 9 April 2014)
Proprietor of Egin Partnership, an economic consultancy. Address: Caban, Brynrefail, Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 3NR. No payments received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.