A selection of Margaret Curran's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Margaret Curran’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Margaret Curran’s full vote analysis page for more.
This Government are constantly making claims about new jobs that have been created in Scotland since the last election. Of those new jobs, what proportion have been in low-paying industries?
What I do remember is that the Labour Government implemented the minimum wage in the face of opposition from the Conservative party. According to new research from the House of Commons Library, 82% of these new jobs are in the low-paying sectors. That news comes days after the TUC revealed that one in five workers in Scotland is paid below the minimum wage. Just this morning, the Office for...
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what discussions he has had with Scottish Ministers on the sharing of Scottish NHS data with HM Revenue and Customs.
More of Margaret Curran’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Glasgow East
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Disability Living Allowance
- Income Tax: Scotland
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland (7 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Margaret Curran’s speeches
- Has received answers to 38 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from