This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Margaret Curran’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Glasgow East
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Margaret Curran
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Margaret Curran voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Scotland, Treasury, Cabinet Office, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Scotland, Disability Living Allowance, Devolution, Property, Grants
(based on written questions asked by Margaret Curran and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Welfare Reform Bill Committee (24 out of 26)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Home Department: Helicopter Crash (Glasgow) (2 Dec 2013)
“I thank the Secretary of State for advance sight of his statement. This has been a dark weekend for Glasgow and our whole country. When we should have woken to celebrate St Andrew’s day on Saturday, we were instead met with unexpected tragedy, and when I attended mass on behalf of Her Majesty’s Opposition in St Andrew’s cathedral on Saturday, yards from the site, there was a...”
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: China (27 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what support the First Minister of Scotland received from officials in (a) the British Embassy in Beijing and (b) consular offices in China during his recent visit to that country.”
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Trade Missions: China (27 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what support the First Minister of Scotland received from UK Trade and Investment during his recent trip to China.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 170 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 68.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margaret Curran’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register