How Margaret Curran voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Get email notifications when Margaret Curran speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Margaret Curran hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how adjustments to the Scottish block grant will be calculated following implementation of the Scottish rate of income tax.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, when he intends to respond to Question 213722 tabled on 6 November 2014.
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, pursuant to the Answer of 11 November 2014 to Question 213288, what the name and job title is of each member of the programme board.
More of Margaret Curran's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow East
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Disability Living Allowance
- Income Tax: Scotland
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 58 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 65.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margaret Curran’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 60 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from