How Margaret Curran voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Get email notifications when Margaret Curran speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Margaret Curran hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, whether the Pensions Technical Group and Income Tax Technical Group established to examine issues arising from the introduction of a Scottish rate of income tax have completed their work.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many requests the Scottish Government has made using the powers of Part 3 of the Scotland Act 2012 for the addition of new devolved taxes.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many officials in his Department are working on the Scottish rate of income tax project.
More of Margaret Curran's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow East
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Disability Living Allowance
- Income Tax: Scotland
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 48 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 66.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margaret Curran’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 59 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from