How Margaret Curran voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VATDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Margaret Curran hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the hon. Member for South West Devon, representing the Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission, which parliamentary constituencies in Scotland are part of local authority areas whose electoral registration officers did not reach the required performance indicators on Standard 3 in respect of electors who failed to register to vote.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport what proportion of national lottery grants have been provided to good causes in Scotland in each year since 2010.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office how many and what proportion of people in England and Wales identified themselves as (a) British, (b) Scottish and (c) British and Scottish in the 2011 census.
More of Margaret Curran's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow East
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Disability Living Allowance
- Sovereignty: Scotland
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 153 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 67.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margaret Curran’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA, for completing opinion surveys:
£75 received on 16 March 2013. Hours: 15 mins. Payment donated to local organisation. (Registered 13 June 2013)
£75 received on 21 March 2013. Hours: 15 mins. Payment donated to local organisation. (Registered 13 June 2013)
27 June 2013, I received one ticket for the Royal Box at Wimbledon, value £1,700, plus lunch and afternoon tea, as the guest of another MP
. (Registered 16 July 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.