Nicky Morgan’s voting in Parliament
Nicky Morgan is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nicky Morgan sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nicky Morgan consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nicky Morgan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nicky Morgan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nicky Morgan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Conservative MP for Loughborough
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Railway Network
- Planning Permission
- Schools: Hearing Impairment
- Midland Main Line: Standards
Currently held offices
- Minister for Women and Equalities (since 15 Jul 2014)
- The Secretary of State for Education (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister for Women (9 Apr 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (9 Apr 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Nov 2013 to 12 May 2014)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (7 Oct 2013 to 9 Apr 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Nicky Morgan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.33% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 191 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nicky Morgan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 413 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 3 May 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: James D Thomas
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,648 in meeting the printing costs of my annual newsletter to constituents
Donor status: individual
(Registered 21 April 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from