A selection of Thomas Docherty's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Thomas Docherty’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Thomas Docherty’s full vote analysis page for more.
Former Labour MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Deputy Prime Minister
- House of Commons Commission
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- British Overseas Territories
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Computer Software
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (15 Apr 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Apr 2014)
- Member, Parliamentary Privilege (Joint Committee) (3 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (21 Mar 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 1 Jul 2013)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Jun 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 354 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: ExxonMobil Chemical Ltd
Address of donor: Beverkae House, Mossmorran, Cowdenbeath, Fife KY4 8EP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Tickets for the Edinburgh Tattoo
, evening dinner and transport to and from the event, for myself and spouse, with a total value of £700 approx
Date of acceptance of donation: 15 August 2014
Donor status: company, registration 00867162
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from