How Thomas Docherty voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Get email notifications when Thomas Docherty speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Thomas Docherty occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
As ever, I am enjoying the hon. Gentleman’s fascinating yet “in order” tour de force, but let me gently remind him that our proposals would exempt Members who fell below the standards that the Chair expected. Mr Brown, whatever else his flaws may have been, would not have been covered by recall.
Given that this Act will, assuming it clears the Lords, come into force at the start of the next Parliament, does the hon. Gentleman not recognise that anyone who chooses to stand for election at the general election on 7 May would know that, if they had committed an offence for which they were then prosecuted and found guilty, they would be subject to recall?
More of Thomas Docherty's recent appearances
Labour MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Deputy Prime Minister
- House of Commons Commission
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- British Overseas Territories
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Computer Software
Currently held offices
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons
- Member, Parliamentary Privilege (Joint Committee)
- Member, Procedure Committee
- Member, Administration Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Apr 2014)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Jun 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 1 Jul 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 24 Nov 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: ExxonMobil Chemical Ltd
Address of donor: Beverkae House, Mossmorran, Cowdenbeath, Fife KY4 8EP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Tickets for the Edinburgh Tattoo
, evening dinner and transport to and from the event, for myself and spouse, with a total value of £700 approx
Date of receipt of donation: 15 August 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 15 August 2014
Donor status: company, registration no 00867162
(Registered 25 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from