How Thomas Docherty voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions Source
See more votes Thomas Docherty has made recently in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Thomas Docherty occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Former Labour MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Deputy Prime Minister
- House of Commons Commission
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- British Overseas Territories
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Computer Software
Currently held offices
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (since 15 Apr 2014)
- Member, Parliamentary Privilege (Joint Committee) (since 3 Dec 2012)
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 21 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (since 26 Jul 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Apr 2014)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Jun 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 1 Jul 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 30 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 96 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 354 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Mar 2015.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: ExxonMobil Chemical Ltd
Address of donor: Beverkae House, Mossmorran, Cowdenbeath, Fife KY4 8EP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Tickets for the Edinburgh Tattoo, evening dinner and transport to and from the event, for myself and spouse, with a total value of £700 approx
Date of receipt of donation: 15 August 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 15 August 2014
Donor status: company, registration 00867162
(Registered 25 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from