I have a petition signed by 1,545 of my constituents who share my view that in South Staffordshire, which has more than 130 Gypsy and Traveller pitches, we have more than enough provision. The petition states: The Petition of residents of the South Staffordshire constituency and others, Declares that the Petitioners note that South Staffordshire District Council intends to increase the...
Yesterday we heard the news that unemployment had fallen again in South Staffordshire and the west midlands. That has been largely due to the growth of apprenticeships and, in particular, the fact that Jaguar Land Rover has opened a new engine manufacturing facility in my constituency. Could time be made for a debate on the creation of more apprenticeships, especially in the automotive and...
One of the key drivers in the creation of the groceries code adjudicator was to try to deal with some of the inequalities that dairy farmers had to deal with all the time. Does my hon. Friend feel it is incumbent on us to do everything we can to address that long-term issue?
More of Gavin Williamson's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for South Staffordshire
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Culture Media and Sport
- Innovation and Skills
- Official Cars
- Mass Media
- Departmental Advertising
- Departmental Mobile Phones
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 28 Nov 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for participation in parliamentary panel surveys:
Payment of £150 received on 17 April 2014 for survey in April and June 2013. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 28 April 2014)
Payment from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT:
9 June 2014, received payment of £80 for survey in May 2014. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 9 June 2014)
Payments from Ipsos Mori, 79-81 Borough Road, London, SE1 1FY for research interviews:
27 October 2014, received payment of £200 for survey in September 2014. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 24 November 2014)
27 January 2015, received payment of £200 for survey in December 2014. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 10 February 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from