This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Cathy Jamieson’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Kilmarnock and Loudoun
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (since 7 Oct 2011) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Cathy Jamieson
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Cathy Jamieson voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (since 18 Jul 2011)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Work and Pensions, Defence, Scotland, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Public Expenditure, Armed Forces: Young People, Child Maintenance, Criminal Injuries Compensation, Western Sahara
(based on written questions asked by Cathy Jamieson and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- FINANCE BILL Committee (10 out of 16)
- Finance Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill Committee (5 out of 6)
- Small Charitable Donations Bill Committee (10 out of 10)
- Financial Services (Banking Reform)Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- FINANCE (NO. 2) BILL Committee (4 out of 4)
- Pensions Bill Committee (6 out of 8)
- Financial Services Bill Committee (18 out of 18)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Financial Services (10 Dec 2013)
“With the Government now in chaos over the banking Bill, with one U-turn following another, does the Minister agree that Labour was right all along to insist on a tougher licensing regime for senior bankers? Why were the Government so keen to resist Labour’s amendments, only to be defeated?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 311 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 32 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Cathy Jamieson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 215 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register