A selection of Cathy Jamieson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Cathy Jamieson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Cathy Jamieson’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, with reference to the figures in table 2.1 of Budget 2015 on a secondary market in annuities, how many people receiving an annuity income will have to reassign that income to a third party and take the value as a lump sum in order to generate the projected additional revenues of £535 million in 2016-17 and £540 million in 2017-18.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what estimate the Government has made of the additional cost to the public purse arising from additional (a) social security payments and (b) social care costs of people in receipt of annuity income reassigning that income to a third party in order to receive the value of that annuity as a lump sum.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, with reference to the figures in table 2.1 of Budget 2015 on a secondary market in annuities, for what reason income tax revenue is projected to fall by £130 million in 2018-19 and £120 million in 2019-20.
More of Cathy Jamieson’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Kilmarnock and Loudoun
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Public Expenditure
- Armed Forces: Young People
- Child Maintenance
- Western Sahara
- Criminal Injuries Compensation
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (7 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (19 Jul 2011 to 24 Oct 2011)
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (18 Jul 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (27 Jun 2011 to 23 Jan 2012)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 25 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 182 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.76% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 26 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 320 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Unite the Union
(a) Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 10 April 2014)
(a) (b) Support in the capacity as an MP:
(a) Name of donor: PricewaterhouseCoopers
(a) Address of donor: 1 Embankment Place, London WC1N 6RM
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: The services of a Technical Support Analyst to support me in my role as a Shadow
during the passage of the Finance Bill between 22 April 2014 and 18 July 2014; value £19,026
(a) Donor status: Limited Liability Partnership
(a) Date of acceptance: 22 April 2014
(a) Date of receipt: 22 April 2014
(a) (Registered 20 June 2014, updated 4 August 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from