A selection of Karen Bradley's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions Details
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Karen Bradley hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Table 1 shows the average hourly pay of civil servants in the Home Office as of 28th February 2015 by ethnicity. Other than at Senior Civil Servant (SCS) level the Home Office have different pay scales for London and National at all grades. 78.2 % of the staff below SCS declaring themselves Black and Minority Ethnic are based in London compared with 33.2 % of staff below SCS declaring...
Victims of human trafficking can apply for civil legal aid for advice and representation in relation to immigration matters and for damages and employment claims arising from their trafficking exploitation. Through provisions in the Modern Slavery Bill, victims of slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour will also be eligible for civil legal aid in the same situations. The recent...
The available centrally held information is shown in the following table. Reports commissioned by the Home Department (Excel SpreadSheet, 12.36 KB)
More of Karen Bradley's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Staffordshire Moorlands
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Festivals and Special Occasions: Public Holidays
- Members: Travel
- Organ Donor Cards
- Child Benefit
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (8 Feb 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (7 Oct 2013 to 8 Feb 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Oct 2011 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 88.54% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 126 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: JCB
(a) Address of donor: Lakeside Works, Rocester ST14 5JP
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
(a) Donor status: company, registration 682651
(a) (Registered 17 March 2015)
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Peter Shawyer
(b) Address of donor: private
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000 to my non-affiliated business club
(b) Date of receipt: 9 March 2015
(b) Date of acceptance: 9 March 2015
(b) Donor status: individual
(b) (Registered 17 March 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from