Let me begin by expressing my disappointment that there is to be no Public Bill Committee. I have served on every single one in the present Parliament. I do not know what I did wrong in the Whips Office, but I feel that I am missing out on something. I congratulate the hon. Member for Redcar (Ian Swales), who is, of course, a Liberal Democrat. Following the embarrassment of the Chief...
I welcome any money that goes towards mental health, and I think anybody suffering from a mental health issue would welcome that as well, but I have to say this to the hon. Gentleman: I am fed up, especially as a Welsh MP and a Welshman, at the way the Welsh NHS has been attacked by this Government. It is a shame because when the Government attack the NHS in Wales, they are attacking the...
I thank the hon. Gentleman for his kind comments, and I have to say that over the years that we have served together in this House he has always been courteous to me and I count him as one of my friends from the other side.
More of Chris Evans's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Islwyn
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Electronic Government
- Ex-servicemen: Radiation Exposure
- Energy: Prices
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (10 Dec 2012 to 18 Mar 2014)
- Member, Draft Defamation Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2011 to 12 Oct 2011)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 70 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 74.90% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 145 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
, 4 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA, for completing opinion survey:
Received payment of £75 for a survey in July 2014. Hours: 45 mins. Payment donated to local organisation. (Registered 2 October 2014)
27 November 2014, received payment of £75 for a survey in October 2014. Hours: 45 mins. Payment donated to local organisation. (Registered 28 January 2015)
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Crohns and Colitis UK
(b) Address of donor: 4 Beaumont House, Sutton Road, St Albans, AL1 5HH.
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: 12 week placement of intern from 13 January 2014 to 4 April 2014, to a value of £5,640
(b) Date of receipt: 13 January 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 13 January 2014
(b) Donor status: charity, no 1117148
(b) (Registered 17 January 2014)
I obtained a donation for £5,000 from Ladbrokes plc Community Fund which will allow a client with learning difficulties to attend the Crafts for Everyone centre in my constituency
on one day a week for an approximate period of two years. (Registered 27 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from