How Jane Ellison voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jane Ellison occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Information on women who had an abortion and had previously had an ectopic pregnancy is not available.
The Department is working with other Government Departments to co-ordinate implementation of the Antimicrobial Resistance Strategy including improving public and professional understanding and awareness. Public Health England (PHE) is leading on work to improve public knowledge, attitudes and behaviours in relation to antimicrobial resistance in collaboration with partners across the health...
We know that research carried out so far shows that taking a low dose of aspirin daily may lower the risk of getting cancer and it may lower the risk of some cancers spreading to other parts of the body. However, aspirin can cause serious side effects such as internal bleeding and we have to be certain that the benefits of taking aspirin outweigh the risks. The third annual report of...
More of Jane Ellison's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Battersea
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Women and Equalities
- Pet Animals Act 1951
- Access to Work
- India: Entry Clearances
- Rail Franchising
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 87.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 134 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jane Ellison’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 228 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion research interviews:
May 2013, received payment of £75 for interview in April 2013. Hours: 30 minutes. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 2 July 2013)
8. Land and Property
Two flats in London from which I derive rental income. (Registered 4 June 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.