A selection of Jane Ellison's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Details
Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPs Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Yesterday the Prime Minister issued an apology for these tragic events on behalf of the Government, and my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Health laid a written ministerial statement as an interim response to the Penrose inquiry. As the hon. Lady knows, this was a Scottish public inquiry. I understand that Scottish Ministers will not make a statement to their Parliament until...
The hon. Lady is absolutely right to say that this is an ongoing tragedy, and that, as I said in my statement, many people’s lives have been devastated and continue to be severely affected. I pay tribute to her and to other members of the all-party group, including my right hon. Friend the Member for North East Bedfordshire (Alistair Burt), who cannot be present today but who has...
I absolutely agree with the right hon. Gentleman’s last point. This is a tragedy that goes beyond party and has spanned many Parliaments now and we do need to move forward. I can only reiterate my frustration at the fact that we were not able to make more progress in this Parliament, but I can give the assurance to the House, and through Members to their constituents, that a great deal...
More of Jane Ellison’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Battersea
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Women and Equalities
- Pet Animals Act 1951
- Access to Work
- India: Entry Clearances
- Rail Franchising
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (since 7 Oct 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 142 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jane Ellison’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 343 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from