Jack Lopresti’s voting in Parliament
Jack Lopresti is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Jack Lopresti sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jack Lopresti consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jack Lopresti’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jack Lopresti’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jack Lopresti never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Fundamental to the success of the Good Friday agreement was a spirit of peace and reconciliation that saw dozens, or even hundreds, of convicted terrorists released from prison. Many had been found guilty of murder. Yet in the last week, we have heard the alarming news that a 66-year-old former paratrooper has been arrested in connection with events that took place in Londonderry 43 years...
What steps his Department is taking to improve care and support for people with learning disabilities and autism.
I thank my right hon. Friend for his answer. South Gloucestershire and Stroud college, based in my constituency, is making an application to open a free school for autistic children. How does he feel that such schools can improve the support and education for children with autism?
More of Jack Lopresti’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Filton and Bradley Stoke
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Home Department
- Middle East
- Gift Aid
- Radio Frequencies
Currently held offices
- Chair, Armed Forces Bill Committee (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 130 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jack Lopresti’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 58 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Nov 2015.
Name of donor: MBDA
Address of donor: Six Hills Way, Stevenage SG1 2DA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): train fare and ticket for Le Bourget Airshow for two people, with a total value of £410
Destination of visit: Paris
Date of visit: 18 June 2015
Purpose of visit: meeting with constituency
(Registered 07 September 2015
Name of donor: HM Government
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Air fare and accommodation with a total value of £588
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 9-11 September 2015
Purpose of visit: as Chair of the All-Party Group on Gibraltar, to attend National Day
(Registered 12 October 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from