How Jack Lopresti voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jack Lopresti hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
It is a pleasure to speak in the debate and to follow so many fine speakers and speeches. I would like to raise three important constituency issues in my remarks. First, Great Western Air Ambulance is based in my constituency at the Filton airfield site. It is run and supported by extremely dedicated and hard-working people. Like all air ambulances, it is a charity. The team who run it have...
The joint plan of action abandons the demands made by the six United Nations Security Council resolutions that Iran must halt all enrichment, so what assessment has my hon. Friend made of the message that this would send to the Iranian regime about how serious we are about sticking to our guns where Iran’s nuclear capabilities are concerned?
Does my right hon. Friend share my concern that the stalled election process in Afghanistan is undermining the democratic institutions that so many of our brave men and women fought so hard for and sacrificed so much to deliver?
More of Jack Lopresti's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Filton and Bradley Stoke
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Home Department
- Middle East
- Gift Aid
- Radio Frequencies
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 65.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 123 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jack Lopresti’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 41 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £1,116
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 6-11 September 2013
Purpose of visit: Visit as part of a parliamentary delegation to Gibraltar
(Registered 7 November 2013)
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel Ltd
Address of donor: c/o Shelley Stock Hunter LLP
, 7-10 Chandos Street, London W1G 9DG
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1,250
Destination of visit: Israel
Date of visit: 22-25 April 2014
Purpose of visit: political delegation to Israel.
(Registered 6 May 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.