This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Tom Greatrex’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Rutherglen and Hamilton West
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (since 7 Oct 2011) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Tom Greatrex
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Tom Greatrex voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 26 Jul 2010)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Energy and Climate Change, Treasury, Scotland, Justice
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Work Capability Assessment, Atos Healthcare, Atos, Procurement, Work Capability Assessments
(based on written questions asked by Tom Greatrex and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Energy Bill Committee (16 out of 16)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Electricity Interconnectors (9 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what assessment he has made of the amount of electricity that passed through interconnections from (a) England to Scotland and (b) Scotland to England in each month since January 2010.”
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Nuclear Power (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what assessment he has made of the amount of energy generated from nuclear power in (a) Scotland, (b) England, (c) Wales and (d) the UK in each month from January 2010.”
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change how much was redeemed under feed-in-tariffs in (a) the UK, (b) England, (c) Scotland and (d) Wales in 2013.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 159 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tom Greatrex’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 171 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register