Does Chris Skidmore respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Chris Skidmore responded to a
medium proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Chris Skidmore’s voting in Parliament
Chris Skidmore is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Skidmore sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Skidmore consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Skidmore’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Skidmore’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Skidmore has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
What recent progress he has made on reducing long-term youth unemployment.
Since March 2010, with the help of organisations such as N-Gaged, a training provider that recently helped me find my first apprentice, long-term youth unemployment has fallen in Kingswood by 60%. Does my right hon. Friend agree that companies such as N-Gaged deserve congratulations on getting young people back into work? What more can be done to help training providers?
Last week I had the honour of attending the national Young Enterprise tenner challenge final where two students from my local school, Mangotsfield school in my constituency, Archie Kenway and Joel Vadhyanath, received an award for turning £10 into a staggering profit of £3,289. Does my right hon. Friend agree that initiatives for young people such as the tenner challenge could help...
More of Chris Skidmore’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Kingswood
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Teachers: Pensions
- Science: GCSE
- History: GCSE
- GCSE: History
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Education Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 18 Mar 2014)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 17 Jun 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Chris Skidmore’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Skidmore’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 111 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Author. Payments via Jonathan Pegg Literary Agency, 32 Batoum Gardens, London W6 7QD, from The Orion Publishing Group, Orion House, 5 Upper Saint Martins Lane, London WC2H 9EA:
18 March 2015
, received royalty payment of £1,490.35. No additional hours. (Registered 09 June 2015
22 April 2015
, received royalty payment of £2,754.58. No additional hours. (Registered 09 June 2015)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: 1900 Club
Address of donor: 6 Barton Street
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 09 June 2015)
Name of donor: Louise Daphne
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 09 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from