How Bridget Phillipson voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Bridget Phillipson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Bridget Phillipson never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, when his Department's review of the Government Car Service will be published.
What recent discussions he has had with his Department's quality contract board.
I am grateful to the Minister for his answer; as he indicates, discussions now need to take place. In Tyne and Wear this week we took a major step forward when the North East combined authority unanimously agreed to press ahead with plans for a quality contract scheme in the north-east. Will the Minister now respect the will of the people and ensure that the quality contract board has all the...
More of Bridget Phillipson's recent appearances
Labour MP for Houghton and Sunderland South
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Work Experience
- Defence: Procurement
- Reserve Forces
- Housing Benefit
Currently held offices
- Opposition Whip (Commons)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 11 Oct 2011)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 95 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 58.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bridget Phillipson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 45 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from