Bridget Phillipson’s voting in Parliament
Bridget Phillipson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Bridget Phillipson’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bridget Phillipson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bridget Phillipson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bridget Phillipson occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what data sets are maintained by NHS Property Services.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Answer of 24 January 2016 to Question 24228, on public transport: North East, what his Department's role is in finalising monitoring arrangements.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, pursuant to the Answer of 2 February 2016 to Question 24848, on the South Yorkshire Community Rehabilitation Company, what areas of that company's activities the action plan referred to covers; in what way his Department plans to monitor the implementation of that plan; and what steps his Department can take if a community rehabilitation company...
More of Bridget Phillipson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Houghton and Sunderland South
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Work Experience
- Defence: Procurement
- Government Car Service
- Reserve Forces
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 11 Oct 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 11 Oct 2011)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 71 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 50.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 90 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bridget Phillipson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from