How Bridget Phillipson voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted moderately for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Get email notifications when Bridget Phillipson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Bridget Phillipson never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, pursuant to the Answer of 24 October 2014 to Question 211251, which reviews (a) have been completed and (b) have yet to be completed by his Department in relation to the Government's Ultra low emission vehicle readiness project.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, pursuant to the Answer of 14 October 2014 to Question 209523, when he plans to write to the hon. Member for Houghton and Sunderland South with the information promised in that answer.
What recent progress he has made on his courts reform programme.
More of Bridget Phillipson's recent appearances
Labour MP for Houghton and Sunderland South
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Work Experience
- Defence: Procurement
- Reserve Forces
- Housing Benefit
Currently held offices
- Opposition Whip (Commons)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 11 Oct 2011)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 93 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 58.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bridget Phillipson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 46 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from