How William Bain voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
William Bain hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Is the Prime Minister aware that, for 3 million low-income families, for every £3 they gain through the higher personal tax allowance, they will lose £2 straight away through universal credit? Is he simply giving with one hand but taking away from low-paid Britain with the other?
What steps he is taking to improve competition in energy markets.
May I draw the Secretary of State’s attention to the fact that the Institute for Public Policy Research has said that increasing competition in the energy market will produce efficiency savings which could mean £70 a year being knocked off the average bill? Why will he not back Labour’s plan to break the domination of the big six, require them to sell power into a pool, get...
More of William Bain's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow North East
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Departmental Food
- Universal Credit
- Departmental Official Cars
- Energy: Prices
- Animal Experiments: Scotland
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (8 Dec 2009 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 131 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 82.42% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 20–21 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on William Bain’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 182 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.