This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Chloe Smith’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Norwich North
- Entered Parliament on 24 July 2009 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Chloe Smith
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Chloe Smith voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Transport Committee (since 4 Nov 2013)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Health, Children, Schools and Families, Treasury, Communities and Local Government
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Driving Offences: Norwich, Schools: Norwich, Incapacity Benefit: Norwich, Post Offices: Norwich, Crime: Norwich
(based on written questions asked by Chloe Smith and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- European Union (Referendum) Bill Committee (5 out of 6)
- Finance Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Mental Health (Discrimination) (No. 2) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Welfare Reform Bill Committee (26 out of 26)
- Pensions Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Flood and Water Management Bill Committee (10 out of 10)
- Written Answers — Treasury: Revenue and Customs (10 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer how much HM Revenue and Customs employees have worked in individual and employee tax collection in each of the last five years; and how many such employees have (a) received performance related pay and (b) been dismissed for under performance.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 88.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chloe Smith’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 226 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register