This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jonathan Evans’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Cardiff North
- Also represented Brecon and Radnor
- Entered Parliament on 9 April 1992 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jonathan Evans
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jonathan Evans voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Work and Pensions, Wales, Health, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Animal Experiments: Wales, Occupational Pensions, Organs: Donors, Unemployed People: Work Experience, Human Transplantation (Wales) Bill
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan Evans and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Written Answers — Wales: Unemployment (10 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Wales what the annual rate of economic inactivity in Wales (a) including and (b) excluding students was in each of the last 10 years.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Health: Topical Questions (26 Nov 2013)
“Given the more than 30% increase in the past five years in the cost to the NHS of prescribing stoma appliances, what action is the Minister taking to promote training for stoma patients in alternative management techniques, such as colostomy irrigation?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jonathan Evans’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 205 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register