How Lindsay Roy voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lindsay Roy hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
As a member of the PASC, may I, too, congratulate the Chair of the Select Committee on his effective leadership and tenacity in this inquiry? Will he explain to the House why the flaws in the recording system were not picked up through external inspection?
Tragically, 3,000 children a day die from malaria worldwide. What contribution are the Government making to eliminate child deaths from this dreadful disease, particularly in the Central African Republic, where UN funding is grossly underfunded?
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Burton (Andrew Griffiths) and to listen to his speech on small beer. At a time when we hear that we are turning an economic corner—I welcome this immensely—after several challenging years of recession, this year’s Budget should have been one of optimism and hope for all, and in particular for those who have suffered the most...
More of Lindsay Roy's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glenrothes
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Borders: Personal Records
- Armed Forces: Uniforms
- Armed Forces: Pensions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (4 Feb 2009 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 66 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2008: Too little data for valid analysis.
- Has voted in 75.68% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lindsay Roy’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.