How Lindsay Roy voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Get email notifications when Lindsay Roy speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lindsay Roy hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Will the Minister explain what steps have been taken to minimise the need for whistleblowing?
I congratulate the Chairman of the Public Administration Committee on his tremendous work in taking the matter forward and on securing today’s debate. How serious is the decision to remove the kitemark of national statistics from the police recorded crime statistics?
Does the hon. Gentleman believe, as I do, that things have to go beyond audit to a more qualitative assessment of progress? There should not simply be a tick-box mentality.
More of Lindsay Roy's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glenrothes
Entered House of Commons on 7 November 2008 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Civil Servants: Codes of Practice
- Borders: Personal Records
- Armed Forces: Uniforms
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Administration Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (4 Feb 2009 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 48 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2008: Too little data for valid analysis.
- Has voted in 74.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lindsay Roy’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from