Hardly ever rebels against their party in their last parliament
How John Mason voted on key issues
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
- Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a transparent ParliamentDetails
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
More on well-known issues (from the Guardian) & their full record
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office what property has been recorded as (a) lost and (b) stolen from her Department in the last 12 months; and what estimate has been made of the cost of the replacement of that property.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what property has been recorded as (a) lost and (b) stolen from his Department in the last 12 months; and what estimate has been made of the cost of the replacement of that property.
To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families what (a) bonuses and (b) incentives have been paid to (i) consultants and (ii) contractors engaged by non-departmental public bodies for which his Department is responsible in each of the last three years.
More of John Mason's recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow East
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Billing
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Pay
- Performing Arts
- Departmental Training
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (13 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (25 Nov 2008 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 197 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2008: Too little data for valid analysis.
- Has voted in 51.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 20 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 56 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)