How John Howell voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Get email notifications when John Howell speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John Howell hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
What steps she is taking to close the gender pay gap.
Does the Minister agree that closing the pay gap further means that businesses could still do more to ensure that they recruit, retain and promote the best women?
What assessment she has made of changes in the level of crime since May 2010.
More of John Howell's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Henley
Entered House of Commons on 27 June 2008 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Goring and Streatley Station
- Ordnance Survey
- Planning Permission: Appeals
Currently held offices
- Member, Justice Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (15 Jul 2008 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Howell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
(a) Name of donor: Winetown Ltd
(a) Address of donor: 229 Hyde End Road, Spencers Wood, Reading RG7 1BU
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
(a) Donor status: company, registration 07023010
(a) (Registered 17 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from