A selection of John Howell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Details
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Details
Voted very strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted very strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John Howell never rebelled against their party in this parliament
What steps the Government are taking to devolve powers to local communities.
Does my right hon. Friend agree that neighbourhood planning represents the best way of ensuring that communities have a real say in the planning system when it comes to deciding where houses should go, what they should look like, and what green and open spaces should be preserved?
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what programmes are available in the prison service to help prisoners with gambling problems.
More of John Howell’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Henley
Entered the House of Commons on 27 June 2008 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Goring and Streatley Station
- Ordnance Survey
- Iran: Nuclear Power
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (8 Sep 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (14 Jul 2008 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Howell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 111 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Winetown Ltd
(a) Address of donor: 229 Hyde End Road, Spencers Wood, Reading RG7 1BU
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
(a) Donor status: company, registration 07023010
(a) (Registered 17 June 2014)
(a) Name of donor: Aubrey Adams
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 10 March 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from