How John Howell voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John Howell hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
What steps her Department is taking to reduce levels of aid dependency through the creation of jobs.
Will the Secretary of State set out her objectives for next week’s meeting of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation and say what her Department’s work with the private sector will achieve?
I declare an interest as a fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London. Today’s debate has centred on the conservation and management of English Heritage properties, and I understand why, but I want to move the debate on to the bigger picture, because English Heritage is responsible for much more than that. The hon. and right hon. Members who have spoken have alluded to that, but...
More of John Howell's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Henley
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Goring and Streatley Station
- Ordnance Survey
- Planning Permission: Appeals
- Housing: Low Incomes
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (15 Jul 2008 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 103 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Howell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 99 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.