How John Howell voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Get email notifications when John Howell speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John Howell hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Does the Foreign Secretary agree that Iran must be asked to provide details of its previous nuclear activity? Otherwise a mechanism for monitoring Iran’s future actions will be fundamentally flawed.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what assessment he has made of the implications for negotiations with Iran on its nuclear programme of recent satellite imagery indicating a possible nuclear clean-up operation at that country's Parchin facility.
To ask the Deputy Prime Minister, what progress he has made on Local Growth Deals.
More of John Howell's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Henley
Entered House of Commons on 27 June 2008 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Goring and Streatley Station
- Ordnance Survey
- Planning Permission: Appeals
- Housing: Low Incomes
Currently held offices
- Member, Justice Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (15 Jul 2008 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 103 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Howell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 24 Nov 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Winetown Ltd
(a) Address of donor: 229 Hyde End Road, Spencers Wood, Reading RG7 1BU
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
(a) Donor status: company, registration 07023010
(a) (Registered 17 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from