The reforms made in Part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014 will improve education for all pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). These reforms will ensure that there is a focus on identifying the individual needs and aspirations of children and young people with the full involvement of their families. The Act requires joint planning and commissioning of services...
‘Working Together' states that local safeguarding children boards: “should have regard to the panel's advice when deciding whether or not to initiate a serious case review (SCR), when appointing reviewers and when considering publication of SCR reports.”
The Department for Education does not hold this information. Local authorities are responsible for the recruitment and deployment of social workers, including those they appoint to the Principal Social Worker role.
More of Edward Timpson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Crewe and Nantwich
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Revenue and Customs: Crewe
- Pupils: Epilepsy
- Written Questions: Government Responses
- Royal Mail: Crewe
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (14 Oct 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (14 Oct 2008 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 142 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Edward Timpson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 204 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Timpson Ltd
(b) Address of donor: Timpson House, Claverton Rd, Roundthorn Industrial Estate, Manchester M23 9TT
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: provision of staff (value £55,338) and office premises (rent, rates, insurance and maintenance with a value of £14,336) for 2013-14
(b) Date of receipt: 31 March 2013
(b) Date of acceptance: 31 March 2013
(b) Donor status: company, registration number 00675216
(b) (Registered 2 May 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.