Virendra Sharma’s voting in Parliament
Virendra Sharma is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Virendra Sharma’s votes.
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Virendra Sharma’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Virendra Sharma’s full vote analysis page for more.
Virendra Sharma never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what steps she is taking to implement the commitment in the June 2015 G7 Leaders' declaration to invest in the prevention and control of neglected tropical diseases.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what the status is of her Department's Framework on Health Systems Strengthening; what the timeline is for its publication; and how civil society will be consulted during its development.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effect of the Public Health Responsibility Deal on obesity rates amongst (a) adults and (b) children.
More of Virendra Sharma’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ealing, Southall
Entered the House of Commons on 20 July 2007 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- International Development
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- NHS: Innovation
- NHS: Intellectual Property
- Developing Countries: Tuberculosis
- Tuberculosis: Vaccination
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (9 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), Home Office (30 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), HM Treasury (30 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Nov 2007 to 25 Jan 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 108 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 134 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Virendra Sharma’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 69 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Aug 2015.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2(a)
Name of donor: Express Taxation & Accountancy Services Ltd, trading as Tack & Co Accountants
Address of donor: 13-15 The Green, Southall, Middlesex UB2 4AH
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: rent free use of an office in the constituency
; value £6,000 per annum.
Date of receipt: received since 15 May 2008
Date of acceptance: received since 15 May 2008
Donor status: company, registration 03484457
(Updated 5 September 2012, 8 October 2013 and 5 November 2014)
(Registered 24 July 2011)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from