To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether it is his policy to support nationally set standards, policies and specifications for specialised services.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps NHS England is taking to ensure all clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) provide annual checks needed by patients with diabetes to help prevent against diabetes complications; and what action he is taking against CCGs which do not comply.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps his Department is taking to address local variations in the quality of care for diabetes patients.
More of Virendra Sharma's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Ealing, Southall
Entered House of Commons on 20 July 2007 — Byelection
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Department of Health
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- NHS: Intellectual Property
- NHS: Innovation
- Developing Countries: Tuberculosis
- Tuberculosis: Vaccination
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (9 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), Home Office (30 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), HM Treasury (30 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Nov 2007 to 25 Jan 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 127 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 126 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 69 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Express Taxation & Accountancy Services Ltd, trading as Tack & Co Accountants
(b) Address of donor: 13-15 The Green, Southall, Middlesex UB2 4AH
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: rent free use of an office in the constituency
; value £6,000 per annum.
(b) Date of receipt: received since 15 May 2008
(b) Date of acceptance: received since 15 May 2008
(b) Donor status: company, registration 03484457
(b) (Registered 24 July 2011; updated 5 September 2012; updated 8 October 2013; updated 5 November 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from