How Virendra Sharma voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Get email notifications when Virendra Sharma speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Virendra Sharma hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, when he expects his Department to publish its Action Plan on Hearing Loss.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what clinical guidance local commissioners are expected to consider when making decisions about commissioning of hearing aids for mild to moderate hearing loss.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effect of the commercialisation of intellectual property in the NHS since 2010.
More of Virendra Sharma's recent appearances
Labour MP for Ealing, Southall
Entered House of Commons on 20 July 2007 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department of Health
- NHS: Intellectual Property
- NHS: Innovation
- Developing Countries: Tuberculosis
- Tuberculosis: Vaccination
Currently held offices
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee)
- Member, Health Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Committee (10 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), Home Office (30 Dec 2008 to unknown)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), HM Treasury (30 Dec 2008 to unknown)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (23 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Draft Disability Discrimination Bill (Joint Committee) (7 May 2008 to 23 May 2008)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Justice Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 26 Jan 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 89 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 129 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Virendra Sharma’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 69 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from Ipsos Mori, 79-81 Borough Road, London, SE1 1FY, for participation in surveys. Payments made to Ealing Southall Labour Party:
Received payment of £200. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 9 October 2013)
Received payment of £200. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 29 January 2014)
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Express Taxation & Accountancy Services Ltd, trading as Tack & Co Accountants
(b) Address of donor: 13-15 The Green, Southall, Middlesex UB2 4AH
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: rent free use of an office in the constituency
; value £6,000 per annum.
(b) Date of receipt: received since 15 May 2008
(b) Date of acceptance: received since 15 May 2008
(b) Donor status: company, registration 03484457
(b) (Registered 24 July 2011; updated 5 September 2012; updated 8 October 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from