A selection of Margaret Ritchie's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Details
Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT Details
Voted moderately for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted moderately for more EU integration Details
Voted strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Margaret Ritchie never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what recent assessment he has made of the efficacy of using BRCA gene testing techniques to diagnose certain types of cancers.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what progress has been made on the rollout of the Mobile Infrastructure Project in Mid Ulster; and how much has been paid to Arqiva for the rollout of that project in that area to date.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what progress has been made on the rollout of the Mobile Infrastructure Project in Fermanagh and South Tyrone; and how much has been paid to Arqiva for the rollout of that project in that area to date.
More of Margaret Ritchie’s recent appearances
Former Social Democratic and Labour Party MP for South Down, Former Social Democratic and Labour Party MLA for South Down
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 26 November 2003 — General election
Left the Assembly on 31 March 2012 — Resigned
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Energy and Climate Change
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Aggregates Levy: Northern Ireland
- Food: Labelling
- Rescue Services: Belfast
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (23 Jan 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SDLP Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (6 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SDLP Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (6 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 60 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 99 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 39.06% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 140 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from